For nurse leaders who serve on a board of directors, want to serve on a board, or want our help recruiting a nurse leader to your organization’s board:
- We are developing a national database of nurses who have served on board of directors.
If you are a nurse who currently sits on a board of directors or wants to be appointed to a board, please fill out our survey.
There are a number of ways nurse leaders can champion board service, a personal board journey, supporting staff, and advocating to their employer’s board.
- Your board journey: Are you aligning your personal passions and professional development goals? How are you encouraging your senior leadership to do the same?
- The Getting on Board Toolkit provides a compilation of tips, resources, and ideas for identifying and getting on the board that is right for you.
- Is your CV ten pages? Or longer? The “Building a Board-Ready Resume” webinar will provide practical guidance on how to create an impactful and concise resume with a board audience in mind.
- Nursing staff: Serving on local boards will help your staff engage with the community, promote community health, and grow as leaders.
- The Getting on Board Toolkit and “Building a Board-Ready Resume” webinar can be used for professional development, in your residency program, or posted on your intranet.
- PowerPoint slides can be incorporated into your existing professional development programming, town halls, nursing grand rounds, or residency program. These slides can be customized and adapted to align with your organization’s existing programs.
- Register on the Nurses on Boards Coalition database. Nurses currently serving on boards can have their service count towards the goal of 10,000 boards by 2020 and all registrants will receive access to resources and information about open board opportunities.
- Organization’s board: Advocate for a nurse to join your facility’s board.
- The Making the Case to Your Healthcare Organization Toolkit will help you navigate how you can champion a nurse on your organization’s board.
Board Leadership – Learning About
- Building a Board-Ready Resume Workshop - This practical session will walk you through how to extract highlights from your professional career to a format that is easily understood by recruiters, CEOs, and board nominating committees.
- Sigma Theta Tau’s Board Leadership Institute
- How to Be A Better Trustee by Connie Curran
- Best On Boards
- Women on Healthcare Boards
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel