If you are a member of the public and seeking verification of an individual's ANCC certification, please contact Customer Care Center at email@example.com.
- You must request a verification for each purpose you require.
- Individuals with multiple certifications must order separate verifications for each certification.
- Allow 7 business days for processing
- Mailed certificates arrive via USPS first class delivery. If the letter was sent to a state board of nursing, then it will be emailed; unless the board of nursing requested a different method of delivery. All other addresses will be mailed.
- You will need the certification number and last name of the certified nurse.
- Payable by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover
- For help, contact the Customer Care Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Individual||1st Verification||Subsequent Verifications|
|Institutions||1st Verification||Subsequent Verifications|
Employers and organizations may establish an institutional account and order verifications as needed. Once ordered, verifications may be immediately printed from your desktop. To set up an institutional account for ordering verifications, email email@example.com.
Instant Print Function Instructions
Institutional account holders may print verifications immediately (vs. mail delivery) when the following technical requirements are met:
- Run Internet Explorer version 7.0 or higher.
- Turn off your pop up blockers (before entering the ANCC website).
- Ability to view PDF documents through Adobe Reader (preferably version 8 or higher).
- Print from a PC. Certifications will not print from a Mac.
- If printing from a networked computer, please check with your IT department to ensure the Firewall TCP Port 8080 is open
Your computer must meet ALL requirements or you will be unable to use the instant print function. If the instant print function malfunctions, please DO NOT CLICK ON THE "PRINT LETTER" BUTTON. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you are unable to print your online verification orders.
The spelling of the clinician's first and last name must match ANCC records. If clinician's last name contains an apostrophe, please enter a double apostrophe if you are having difficulty locating the record.
Companies/State Boards of Nursing
Ordering an official verification of certification provides primary source validation of certification. ANCC recommends against accepting wall certificate or wallet card photocopies as proof of certification, as these documents can be altered after leaving ANCC.
Please note that certain ANCC certifications require the individual to provide official direct source validation of nursing education at the time of initial application. This is true of all ANCC certifications that require transcripts for eligibility: all nurse practitioner and clinical nurse specialist certifications, as well as informatics, nursing professional development, nurse executive, and nurse executive advanced certifications.