The American Nurses Credentialing Center has established the ANCC Pathway Award™ sponsored by Cerner to promote the efforts of the Pathway facilities’ advancements in a program that promotes innovative thinking regarding the use of technology in the practice setting. The $25,000 award will honor a project proposal in a Pathway to Excellence® designated organization that demonstrates innovation and technology to create a positive nurse and interprofessional practice environment. The winning project will be aligned with the Pathway to Excellence Practice Standards and will advance the quality of care in the designated organization.
In addition to the $25,000 purse, conference registration expenses for the winner to attend the annual ANCC Pathway to Excellence Conference® will be provided for two years. Winner must agree to send the CEO, CNO, and project lead to the Pathway Conference in Dallas on April 27-28, 2017 to accept the award. The winner will receive recognition at the Pathway Conference, recognition on the ANCC website, featured article in the American Nurse Today, and an award trophy presented by ANCC and Cerner. The winning organization must also be able to present project outcomes at the 2018 Pathway Conference, the year following their award.
Submission of a project proposal that demonstrates innovation and technology which addresses ALL of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates interprofessional collaboration in support of advancing the Pathway to Excellence Practice Standards
- Improves the practice environment
- Advances the quality of care
- Describes a project that can be fully implemented by the 2018 ANCC Pathway Conference
- Identifies how the monetary award will be allocated to fund the project
The winning organization must be currently Pathway-designated and in good standing through May 31, 2018.
- Applications will be evaluated by a peer-review panel.
- Application should be limited to 1,500 words using the form provided with the following guidelines:
- Project Abstract (150 words)
- Description of Project (350 words)
- Project Proposal demonstrating application to criteria (1,000 words)
Completed applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time) on Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
You May Also Like
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel