Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care®
The Pathway to Excellence in Long Term Care® Program (PTE-LTC) recognizes long term care organizations for positive practice environments where nurses excel. The first and only recognition program for the long term care sector, any size or type of long term care group where nurses care for patients may apply.
Quality is important to the viability of long term care organizations. Studies show a positive practice environment for nurses helps organizations:
- Improve the quality of care
- Improve patient safety and satisfaction
- Improve nurse satisfaction and retention
- Retain choice nursing staff & leaders
- Cultivate interprofessional Collaboration
- Champion high-quality nursing practice
- Support business growth
- Foster resilience and well-being
The PTE-LTC standards address a range of factors that also improve bottom-line results, including less turnover, higher job satisfaction, improved productivity, collaboration, and reduced errors.
Based on the 6 Pathway standards, the PTE-LTC standards include requirements specific to the long term care environment. Key differences in the PTE-LTC program include:
- Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (e.g. Nurse Assistants, CNAs) are included in the nursing community.
- Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (e.g. Nurse Assistants, CNAs) are included in the Pathway LTC Survey.
- A person-centered model of care is understood.
You may Also Like
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel