Advance Your Career
ANCC Certification Discounts
- Save $100 on ANCC initial certification and $100 on ANCC certification renewal.
Earn Free and Discounted CNE
- Attend quarterly Navigate Nursing webinars for FREE and get FREE CNE
- Browse hundreds of discounted online independent study modules for every career need.
- Earn CNE at significant savings.
- Independent Study Module formats include articles, audio, multimedia, slides and video.
- Find that dream job with the help of ANA.
Become a Leader
- Build, develop, enhance, and grow your leadership impact.
- Programs are designed for nurses of all levels of experience.
- All programs are discounted for ANA members.
Learn More About the Profession
- Check out our Welcome to the Profession Kit, designed exclusively for Early Career RNs.
- American Nurse - Monthly journal (10 print/2 digital) featuring peer-reviewed clinical, practical, practice-oriented, career and personal editorial.
- OJIN—The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing - Peer-reviewed, posted online three times a year
- SmartBrief – Get relevant nursing news delivered to your inbox every weekday.
Access Valuable Professional Tools
- Drug Name Error Finder Tool
- Global Disease Alert Map
Critical ANA Foundational Documents
Network and Connect with RNs
Our Mentorship Program reflects our commitment to your professional development. This unique online networking and career development tool helps you find and connect with others. Your Mentor or Mentee can be right down the street or on the other side of the world. To learn more about the program and enrollment, visit www.mentorship.nursingworld.org.
Get to Know your Peers
- Connect with other members across the country who share your interests and needs in the ANA Online Community.
- Meet other members at local and national meetings, committees and on social media.
- As an ANA & State member, you are a full voting member in the American Nurses Association and your state nurses association.
ANA Meetings & Conferences
- ANA’s Policy, Innovation and Advocacy Forum
- National and State-Level Lobby Day
Make Your Voice Heard
ANA Works for You on the National Level
- Federal lobbying on issues important to nursing and health care
- Representing nursing in federal agencies and even at the White House
- Speaking for nursing through the national media
- Speaking for U.S nurses internationally
Your State Nurses Association works for you on the State Level
- Protecting your Nursing Practice Act
- Advocating at the state level
Strengthen the Nursing Profession
- Take member surveys and influence ANA's agenda.
- Join grass roots advocacy efforts.
- Donate to the ANA-PAC and help support pro-nursing Members of Congress from all parties.
- Get involved by going to org to sign up for alerts and participate in ANA’s current legislative initiatives.
- Check out ANA’s Advocacy page for the latest news and information on how ANA’s Policy and Government Affairs team is working for you.
State Nurses Association Member Benefits
Benefits vary by state, but generally include:
- State association newsletter
- Representation in the state house on critical issues
- Local networking opportunities
- Education and career development
- Career center and job networking
Caitlin Healy, RNI joined ANA when I became a practicing nurse. I participated in the Early Career Online Community, where I can discuss the difficulties of this transitional period with other new nurses. I am extremely grateful to have such a valuable resource at my disposal and I look forward to utilizing this resource to its fullest potential as my career progresses.
Amanda Zachery, ANA MemberANA membership keeps me up to date on new nursing information, and it all applies directly to my work. I like how American Nurse presents specific scenarios and situations, and how to handle them. That has helped me feel more confident, organized, and prepared in my first four years as an RN.
Keisha Cogdell, ANA MemberI am proud to be an ANA member. I have developed a blossoming relationship with mentor in the Mentorship program. I no longer call her my mentor but a colleague, friend, and spiritual mother. I just completed my DNP and now I am learning how to become more engaged and involved in political advocacy for the nursing profession
Anna DermenchyanANA has the type of resources and tools to keep you engaged. It's a broad organization that advocates on behalf of nursing. They want nurses at every level to feel supported, like we have a voice, and that we matter. I think the importance of ANA is that it is an organization for all nurses no matter the specialty or practice.
Mary VitulloI’ve brought a lot of the things I've learned from being a part of the American Nurses Association back to my hospital. I've educated nurses on legislation in Texas and on a national level. I want them to understand that it's not just your job you're showing up to every day, but what you do matters in creating policies and advocating for healthy and productive working environments, so we can give the best care to our patients.
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel