American Nurse is the official journal of the American Nurses Association (ANA). The journal reaffirms ANA’s initiatives and directly supports nurses in advancing the profession through practical, independent, evidence-based, and peer-reviewed clinical data and information. American Nurse is a comprehensive, timely, trusted information source. Published monthly, 10 times in print and twice in electronic format (in August and December), members have rated American Nurse as a highly valued benefit of ANA membership.
What does it contain?
Every month, you will find sections on:
- ANA on the Frontline: Learn about top issues and how ANA is working for you and to advance the profession.
- Strictly Clinical: Peer-reviewed, clinical articles that address best practices and new clinical developments, along with a wide variety of useful practical guides that nurses can use in their practice immediately.
- Practice Matters: Legal and ethical issues, reimbursement, time management, negotiating contracts, Magnet® Recognition, and drug topics are just some of the areas this section covers.
- Career Sphere: Tips, techniques, and ideas nurses can use to maximize their careers and progress to the next level.
- Mind/Body/Spirit: Articles that remind nurses to take care of themselves, such as tips on dealing with workplace fatigue and emotional pressures.
How does it help me?
175,000 readers have come to rely on the journal as a comprehensive, timely, trusted information source that helps them:
- Enhance patient outcomes;
- Develop their professional careers; and
- Build their educational foundation of best practices.
Subscriber and ANA Member access
Subscribers and ANA members also gain full access to the assets on the American Nurse website – such as downloadable ebooks, infographics, and special reports – along with ANA’s other series of ongoing digital publications.
ANA’s digital newsletters
In addition to American Nurse, make sure you are receiving the benefits of ANA’s digital newsletters: ANA SmartBrief and ANA Member News.
Additionally, stay up to date on the latest in national health care policy and how you can take action and make a difference in federal legislation by:
- Subscribing to ANA’s Capitol Beat blog; and
- Signing up for action alerts on federal legislative issues
Make sure you have the up to date information you need to become the best nurse you can be. Get access to all of these great resources by becoming a ANA member.
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel