The Well-being Initiative
Resources to support the mental health and resilience of nurses.
As the extraordinary stresses confronting nurses during the coronavirus pandemic take a toll on nurses’ mental health and wellbeing, nurses need authentic support systems and tools. Recognizing this critical necessity to support the mental wellbeing and resilience of nurses, the American Nurses Foundation partnered with organizations to develop a comprehensive mental well-being program that includes virtual support systems and a digital toolkit to support the near and long-term needs of America’s four million nurses.
Nurses Together; Connecting Through Conversations
As you care for and listen to your patients and their families, you need to take time for yourself. This virtual, judgement free space via Zoom is where you can connect with your nursing peers to share thoughts, seek support and ask questions. You can join in peer-to-peer calls that are scheduled throughout the 24 hour day and offered 7 days a week.
- To sign up to attend a call, nurses can visit here.
Moodfit, a mobile app is customized for nurses to support you with wellness goals. You can set your goals using best-practice methods such as mindfulness meditation, breathing exercises, lifestyle tracking (sleeping and nutrition) and set up reminders at times appropriate for you.
- Download the app through Google Play or the Apple App Store. When setting up your account, enter program code ANF30 for customized nurse-focused messaging. Through a grant from the American Nurses Foundation, nurses have access to the premium portions of this app at no additional cost
Happy App warm lines
If you find yourself wanting to talk with someone after a challenging shift, relieve yourself of stressful thoughts, or rebuild your resilience with emotional support the Happy App warm line can help. The Happy team, a wellness company, adapted its Happy App specifically for nurses tackling daily life and death decisions, anxiety, stress, fear, and isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic. This easy-to-use smart phone app connects you 24/7 and you can speak one-on-one with a Support Giver team member from the comfort and privacy of your home.
- To access Happy, download the app at https://gethappy.app.link/ANA or visit the website https://gethappy.app.link/happyANA
- Through a grant from the American Nurses Foundation, nurses have access to their first call at no cost
- Emergency Nurses Association
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association