Committee on Appointments
The ANA Committee on Appointments (COA) is charged with recommending qualified candidates for appointment to ANA's structural units and standing committees through its annual Call for Nominations for Appointed Positions. For The ANA Board of Directors considers the recommendations set forth by the COA and makes appointments based on its input.
For ANA subsidiary boards, the COA is charged with the recruitment of members only. All nominees who have met the minimum qualification will be forwarded directly to the ANA Board of Directors for consideration and appointment.
October 13, 2023 - The ANA Committee on Appointments has opened a 2nd Call for Nominations for the following standing committees:
- Committee on Bylaws (3 members, 2 alternates)
- Committee on Honorary Awards (2 members, 1 alternate)
- Committee on Honorary Awards – Subcommittee (12 members)
- CHA-S appointees must be available the week of November 27 – December 1, 2023 for orientation.
- Minority Fellowship Program National Advisory Committee (5 members, 1 alternate)
Specific qualifications for service are provided on each profile, located in the Board/Committee Profiles section below. Those interested in submitting a nomination should review the profiles prior to starting a nomination form to ensure they understand the specific qualifications, responsibilities and time commitment required to serve successfully.
The deadline for nominations is 11:59pm ET, Tuesday, October 31, 2023. Click HERE to begin your nomination for an ANA appointed position.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
October 12, 2023 - The ANA Board of Directors has appointed individuals to serve on the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Board of Directors for terms beginning January 1, 2024. Click HERE for the list of appointees.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center, Board of Directors
- American Nurses Foundation, Board of Trustees
- ANA-Political Action Committee, Board of Trustees
- Center for Ethics and Human Rights
- Committee on Appointments
- Committee on Bylaws
- Committee on Honorary Awards
- Committee on Honorary Awards Subcommittee
- Committee on Nursing Practice Standards
- International Council of Nurses
- Minority Fellowship Program National Advisory Committee
- ANA Consultant to the National Student Nurses' Association, Board of Directors
- Professional Policy Committee
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact ANA Governance at firstname.lastname@example.org.