Committee on Appointments
The Committee on Appointments (COA), comprised of members of the ANA Board of Directors (board), is charged to recommend individuals for appointment to ANA boards and committees. Every year, the COA disseminates a Call for Nominations for Appointed Positions to identify qualified candidates to fill various volunteer positions on ANA’s committees and subsidiary boards. The ANA Board of Directors considers the recommendations of the COA and makes appointments based on its input.
Annual Nominations Process
The 2019 Call for Nominations for Appointed Positions on ANA Committees is now open until 5:00pm ET, Monday, July 1.
The 2019 Call for Nominations for Appointed Positions on the ANCC Board of Directors is now closed..
Click here to view a list of 2018 appointees.
During the annual Call for Nominations, ANA members (C/SNA-ANA and ANA-Only) may nominate themselves and others for positions designated for registered nurses. Non-members may also be nominated and/or seek appointment to certain positions designated for members of the public.
Complete details about the appointments process, including applicable policies and procedures, are captured in the Guide to the Appointments Process (Guide). Nominators and prospective appointees are encouraged to review the Guide prior to submitting a nomination.
To learn more about the specific qualifications, responsibilities and time commitment required to successfully serve on each committee/board, please review the profiles provided in the box below.
For additional information about the appointments process please consult the Frequently Asked Questions document. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact the Leadership Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Profile (American Nurses Credentialing Center)
- Profile (American Nurses Foundation)
- Profile (ANA-Political Action Committee)
- Profile (Center for Ethics and Human Rights)
- Profile (Committee on Appointments)
- Profile (Committee on Bylaws)
- Profile (Committee on Honorary Awards)
- Profile (Committee on Honorary Awards Subcommittee)
- Profile (Committee on Nursing Practice Standards)
- Profile (International Council of Nurses)
- Profile (Minority Fellowship Program National Advisory Committee)
- Profile (National Student Nurses' Association)
- Profile (Professional Policy Committee)
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel