Professional Policy Committee
The 2020 Call for Policy Proposals is open. The deadline for submitting a proposal using the online form is January 31, 2020 at 5:00pm ET. Refer to the Membership Assembly Policy Development Guide for further information on the policy proposal process.
The Professional Policy Committee, a standing committee of the ANA Membership Assembly, is comprised of seven Constituent/State Nurses Association (CSNA) or Individual Member Division (IMD) members appointed by the ANA Board of Directors.
Per the ANA Bylaws (Article V, Section 5.a), the Professional Policy committee:
- Shall receive, review, and report on professional policy proposals submitted for the consideration of the Membership Assembly.
- Shall provide for hearings or forums on professional policy proposals at meetings of the Membership Assembly.
- Shall develop procedures for presentation of professional policy proposals to the Membership Assembly for consideration.
The Professional Policy Committee, formerly the Reference Committee, supports the development of professional policy by disseminating a Call for Policy Proposals to all ANA members. The input from the Call informs the professional policy issues discussed at the annual Membership Assembly meeting. Professional policies are also developed via Professional Issues Panels and the ANA Board of Directors.
For additional information on the Professional Policy Committee, please send a message to email@example.com.
- Membership Assembly Policy Development Guide
- 2020 Call for Policy Proposals
- 2020 Call for Policy Proposals Online Submission Form
- 2019 Report of the Professional Policy Committee - Policy Proposals
- 2019 Report of the Professional Policy Committee - Dialogue Forum Recommendations
- 2018 Report of the Professional Policy Committee
- 2017 Report of the Reference Committee
- 2016 Report of the Reference Committee - Annual Meeting
- 2016 Report of the Reference Committee - Special Meeting
- 2015 Report of the Reference Committee
- 2014 Report of the Reference Committee
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel