Certification Denial, Suspension, Revocation
II-5 Denial, Suspension, and Revocation of Certification
The COC may deny, suspend or revoke certification.
A. Cause for Denial, Suspension, or Revocation of Certification
Certification can be denied, suspended or revoked for cause, including but not limited to the following:
1. failing to complete or provide evidence of completion of the requirements for initial certification, certification renewal or reactivation of certification;
2. failure to maintain the required professional licensure;
3. determination that initial certification or certification renewal was improperly granted or that certification was improperly reactivated;
4. falsification or misstatement of information on any certification-related document;
5. providing false or misleading information;
7. cheating or assisting others to cheat;
8. causing, creating or participating in an examination irregularity;
9. assisting others to wrongfully obtain initial certification or to renew or reactivate certification;
10. failure to comply with the scope and standards of practice in an area in which ANCC certification is held;
11. failure to comply with the American Nurses Association’s Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements; and
12. conduct unbecoming of the nursing profession.
B. Reporting Revocation
1. To Licensing Authorities:
Suspension and revocation of certification is reported to licensing authorities.
2. To Others:
ANCC may report suspension or revocation of certification to employers, legal authorities, third party payers, and other third parties, including but not limited to, law enforcement officers or agencies.
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel