Leading a Healthy Workplace Environment (Free for ANA Members)
In this course, we’ll discuss inspired action steps that nurse leaders can take to promote these important and timely aspects of building winning nursing teams.
In the 21st century healthcare and nursing ecosystem, increased attention is being paid to the creation of healthy work environments and positive workplace culture. Nurses need to feel valued, supported, and engaged. So how can nurse leaders bring these initiatives to life and help to improve nurse retention and employee engagement?
Topics to be covered include:
- Nurse employee engagement
- The meaning of nurse employee empowerment
- Why engagement, satisfaction, and retention are so closely linked
- Making nurses feel valued
- Commitment and loyalty as a two-way street
- Growing nurses = growing the organization
Key Learning Outcomes
- Delineate the importance of creating of healthy work environments and positive workplace culture
- Identify the common threads between engagement, satisfaction, and retention
- Discuss Commitment and loyalty as a two-way street and how growing nurses = growing the organization
Keith Carlson, BSN, RN, NC-BC
Keith has been a nurse since 1996, and has worked in a variety of clinical settings, including home health, community health, case management, public health, hospice, and nursing education. He has also held management and executive positions, including Chief Nursing Officer and Director of Nursing. He is a Board-Certified Nurse Coach (NC-BC) under the auspices of the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation and is also certified as a Swedish Massage Practitioner, Kripalu Yoga Instructor, and Laughter Yoga Leader.