Volunteers for the Commission on Certification
Are you are interested in an opportunity to shape the future of certification and have an impact on the nursing profession? Then answer this call to volunteer for this exciting opportunity.
ANCC is seeking candidates for an appointment to the Commission on Board Certification (COC) which serves as the governing body for the ANCC Certification Program. The Certification Appointments Committee makes the final appointments of candidates for a 4 year term from January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2023. Candidates appointed will be notified by September 25, 2019. An orientation of newly appointed commission members will be held in October 2019 at ANCC in Silver Spring, MD.
- Review the COC Profile document here
- Review the COC Volunteer Agreement and the Financial and Conflict of Interest. If appointed, you will be required to sign these documents.
- Review and compete all sections of the COC application
- Obtain the supporting information described on the COC Application cover page
Required information to submit
- A completed COC Application
- Your current Resume/CV, limit to 5 pages. Note: If your resume/CV is more than 5 pages, then the additional pages and content on those pages will not be considered);
- A letter of recommendation from your current employer with a statement of employer support if you are appointed to the COC;
- If self-employed, include a letter describing your professional responsibilities, a letter of recommendation from a colleague, and a statement of commitment and ability to serve, if you are appointed to the COC
Ready to submit?
- Save your information as single PDF file.
- Name the PDF COCapplication_yourlastname.firstname (e.g.COCapplication_mahoney.mary)
- Send via email to ANCCVolunteer@ana.org no later than May 22, 2019
Questions? Send an email with your question to to ANCCVolunteer@ana.org
Return your application materials to ANCCVolunteer@ana.org on or before May 22, 2019.
The Certification Appointments Committee will review application materials and final notifications will be made by September 25, 2019.
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel