ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®
Welcome to the Magnet Recognition Program®, for health care organizations who truly value nursing talent. Magnet Recognition is not merely an award or a badge of honor. It is steadfast proof of a hard-earned commitment to excellence in health care, with contented nurses at its heart.
Magnet Recognition Program
The Magnet Recognition Program designates organizations worldwide where nursing leaders successfully align their nursing strategic goals to improve the organization’s patient outcomes. The Magnet Recognition Program provides a roadmap to nursing excellence, which benefits the whole of an organization. To nurses, Magnet Recognition means education and development through every career stage, which leads to greater autonomy at the bedside. To patients, it means the very best care, delivered by nurses who are supported to be the very best that they can be.
All ANCC certifications that are current beyond 2023 will continue to be accepted without being associated with ABSNC, NCCA, and ISO 17024
Guidance to monitor your ANCC certifications.
- All new and retired certifications are listed and available for viewing and renewal (as appropriate) on our Certification website: American Nurses Credentialing Center Certifications | ANA (nursingworld.org))
- Use the drop-down option at the “Search by” prompt to select: NEW CANDIDATE for initial certifications OR Change the option from NEW CANDIDATE to RENEW CERTIFICATION for current and retired certifications American Nurses Credentialing Center Certifications | ANA (nursingworld.org)
- Here, you will see and be able to select any and all of the retired certifications for renewal purposes. Any certification that is retired is no longer accredited by ABSNC.
- If you have any further ANCC certification questions, please contact
Customer Care or Call 1.800.284.2378
Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. EST
Click HERE to view updates to the 2023 Magnet® Program Application Manual
NOTICE: Change in Site Visit Eligibility Requirement. Details of Change in Eligibility Requirement
NOTICE February 2021: Empirical Outcome Data Collection Interrupted by COVID-19
NOTICE: FAQ UPDATE- Q1 and Q2 2020 Data Presentation for EP18EO, EP19EO, EP20EO and EP21EO
The 2023 Magnet Application Manual
• Organizations submitting documentation in 2023 may write to the 2019 Magnet Application Manual or the 2023 Magnet Application Manual.
• All organizations submitting documentation in 2024 must write to the 2023 Magnet Application Manual.
If an organization requests an extension to move their document submission month into 2024, they will be required to write to the 2023 Magnet Application Manual.
All organizations must submit documentation using ADAM™ or ADAMplus™. For more information, please visit www.nursingworld.org/adam
How to apply
Take your first steps towards Magnet Recognition, by viewing our eligibility requirements, application process, and submission requirements. If you have already earned Magnet Recognition, then find out about redesignation to ensure that your organization continues to be recognized for supporting nurses to lead health care change.
Benefits of Magnet®:
- Highest standard of care for patients.
- Business growth and financial success.
- Staff who feel motivated and valued.
While the benefits of Magnet speak for themselves, the journey to Magnet requires real dedication. By continually evaluating their strengths, weaknesses, and performance in relation to the Magnet model, organizations are empowered to make the right change. The result is an environment which inspires nurses to work together, to advance health care for all.
Magnet Learning Communities
Bring the core benefits of Magnet to your organization, by signing up to Magnet Learning Communities (MLC). MLC is open to every Magnet-eligible health care organization regardless of size, location, or Magnet status; and provides vast online resources including moderated discussion groups, bibliographies, and research reviews.
The Community is divided into four vital knowledge centers:
- Transformational Leadership
- Structural Empowerment
- Exemplary Professional Practice and
- New Knowledge, Innovations & Improvements.
If you are interested in becoming Magnet-recognized, the MLC also provides deeper insight into the application process and guidance to success.
You May Also Like
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel