Putting the Nursing Scope and Standards into Practice
You know that the Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice applies to your day-to-day work throughout your professional career. This course will help you understand and apply the standards and their accompanying competencies to your practice.
This course aligns to the 4th Edition available for separate purchase here.
Check your knowledge of the Scope and Standards of Practice topics with the online course – and earn CNE credit at the same time. Buy the e-book Review & Resource Manual together with the online course to save more on your continuing education materials!
Nursing is, by definition, a profession of caring. Your nursing practice must follow Scope and Standards that range from competent clinical knowledge to navigating complex healthcare systems. You advocate for your patients and colleagues, innovate solutions when systems fail, and serve as leaders throughout your career.
The Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice (4th Edition) act as the guide for you in your professional capacity as a nurse, from the bedside to the C-suite. Nurses like you may find it challenging to integrate the who, what, where, when, why, and how of professional nursing practice every day. This online course, developed by members of the Scope and Standards 4th Edition Workgroup, provides you with the context and opportunities to reflect so you can:
- Define nursing
- Understand the scope of your practice to support your autonomy to practice at the full extent of your license
- Describe how to incorporate the Scope and Standards of Nursing at each level of nursing
- Explain how the profession of nursing integrates both art and science as a core foundation into its practice
- Identify ways to overcome the barriers of implementing the Scope and Standards into your daily practice
- Discover ways you can impact the future of nursing
Nurses at all stages of their education and careers, from the newly licensed RN to DNP, will benefit from this course.
Key Learning Outcomes
Nurses will apply, analyze, and evaluate:
- The concepts and relevance of the Nursing Scope and Standards to their current nursing practice