ANA Position Statement
Approved: September 30, 2000
Statement of ANA Position
The American Nurses Association supports:
- Education of nurses about the complex nature of adolescence;
- Education of nurses about the scientific, ethical, and practical issues that impact the health status of adolescents;
- Development of culturally sensitive, linguistically and literacy appropriate programs for nurses working directly or indirectly with adolescents;
- Identification of adolescent health care issues that focus on societal expectations, environmental impacts, access, and delivery of quality health care services;
- Interdisciplinary approach to caring for the adolescent client/patient;
- Nursing research in adolescent health issues and services
- Legislation that recognizes the roles of the registered nurse (RN) and advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) as providers of health care services for adolescents and reimbursement for such services;
- Funding of government programs aimed at improving access to care, including:
- Title X Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP),
- coverage of reproductive health benefits,
- school-based health clinics, and
- Title V Maternal Child Health (MCH) block grants;
- Development and maintenance of school health services and reimbursement for such services.
ANA members: Please log in to access and download the full position statement.
Not an ANA member yet?
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel