HIV Exposure from Rape/Sexual Assault
ANA Position Statement
Approved: April 2, 1992
- access to immediate physical and psychological health care,
- access to appropriate HIV testing and prophylactic treatment,
- the provision of accurate information about risk of transmission of HIV disease,
- access to survivor focused services which includes the recommended follow-up monitoring for HIV disease,
- the right of every person to confidential HIV testing with pre and post test counseling,
- research to identify
- the risk of HIV transmission through rape/sexual assault
- the effects of early intervention and treatment
- the incidence of rape/sexual assault in specific populations (children, men, same sex,
ANA members: Please log in to access the full position statement.
Not an ANA member yet?
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel