Connected Health / Telehealth
THIS PANEL IS CLOSED AND HAS CONCLUDED ITS WORK.
The American Nurses Association convened a professional issues panel to review and update ANA's twelve Core Principles on Telehealth. The goal of the Connected Health/Telehealth Professional Issues Panel was to:
- Identify working definitions for Connected Health and Telehealth.
- Review and contribute to background reading materials to include in the updated ANA "Core Principles on Telehealth".
- Identify the current understanding of the use of Connected Health tools by practicing nurses (including but not limited to hospital, long-term care, education, administration, education, research).
- Review and update of ANA's Core Principles on Telehealth. • Assess current availability and scalability of resources that contribute to Connected Health.
- Leverage the Advisory Committee to identify best practices, exemplars, innovative strategies to illuminate how the principles are applied in practice settings.
- Collaborate with ANA Center for Ethics and Human Rights to determine if the updated Principles for Connected Health may be mapped to the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (the Code) and ANA's Position Statement: Privacy and confidentiality.
The panel completed work in October 2018 and developed the ANA Core Principles on Connected Health below:
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel