APRN Pharmacology Today: Optimal Treatment for Dyslipidemia
Discover how prevalent dyslipidemia is and learn about statin and nonstatin pharmacotherapy treatment options. This course offers an in-depth review of this medical condition, available therapies - including their adverse effects, and much more.
℞ Earn 6.75 pharmacology contact hours upon completion of the course.
This course offers the APRN a thorough review on the optimal pharmacological management for patients with dyslipidemia. This course also assists the APRN in fulfilling pharmacology CE requirements for licensure. Join Joel C. Marrs, PharmD, FCCP, FASHP, FNLA, BCPS-AQ Cardiology, BCACP, CLS, ASH-CHC for this self-paced online course. APRN Pharmacology Today: Optimal Treatment for Dyslipidemia course will cover the following subjects:
- Introduction/prevalence of dyslipidemia
- Review of statin and nonstatin pharmacotherapy for dyslipidemia including adverse effects
- Dyslipidemia treatment guidelines (AHA/ACC, NLA, AACE) including the role of dyslipidemia control on preventing complications
- Discuss new evidence to support the role of nonstatin therapies in addition to statins
Key Learning Outcomes
The key learning outcomes for this activity are:
- Utilize current practice guidelines for management of patients with dyslipidemia
- Identify one practice change based on course content
- Formulate a treatment and monitoring plan for patients with dyslipidemia to decrease the risk of complications utilizing case studies