Terms & Conditions
INTRODUCTION: PLEASE READ ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”) CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS APPLY TO YOU AND YOUR ORDER OF THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES YOU ARE ORDERING FROM WEBSITES OWNED, OPERATED, LICENSED, OR CONTROLLED BY THE AMERICAN NURSES ASSOCIATION (“ANA”), THE AMERICAN NURSES CREDENTIALING CENTER (“ANCC”), THE AMERICAN NURSES FOUNDATION (“FOUNDATION”), AND/OR ANY AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND DIVISIONS (“HEREINAFTER, COLLECTIVELY, THE "ANA ENTERPRISE"). YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. ALL ORDERS ARE EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS.
CHANGES: NOTE THAT IF YOU ORDER ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS OR SERVICES IN THE FUTURE FROM THIS WEBSITE, YOU SHOULD READ THESE TERMS EACH TIME AS THEY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE PROVIDED HOWEVER SUCH CHANGE SHALL NOT AFFECT PREVIOUS ORDERS; ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS IN EFFECT AT THE TIME OF ORDER.
PART I: AUTO-PAY AUTHORIZATION
NOTE: THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT IN PART I APPLY EXCLUSIVELY TO MONTHLY ANA MEMBERSHIP ENROLLMENTS AND/OR RENEWALS. IF YOU ARE NEITHER JOINING ANA NOW NOR RENEWING AN EXISTING ANA MEMBERSHIP AND SELECTING MONTHLY PAYMENTS, PLEASE SKIP TO PART II, BELOW.
By placing this order with the Monthly Payment Option, you authorize the American Nurses Association (“ANA,” “we,” or “us”) to automatically obtain regular monthly payments to pay your monthly dues in the amount displayed on the page and any other amounts owed to the ANA electronically by charging your credit card or debit card or via automated clearing house (“ACH”) debit to the account you stipulated (your “Auto-Pay”). By placing this order with the Monthly Payment Option, you authorize us to initiate your first monthly payment today and on or after the 15th of each month thereafter, if you are paying by electronic fund transfer, and on or after the 1st of each month thereafter, if you are paying via credit or debit card. If you have authorized an electronic fund transfer and your scheduled Auto-Pay falls on a weekend or holiday or on a date when our or your financial institution is closed, you authorize us to initiate your Auto-Pay on the next business day.
You understand and agree that if you have chosen to authorize your Auto-Pay using ACH or a debit card (or a credit card with a feature that may access a financial institution account), such payment will be obtained via electronic fund transfer debiting your checking, savings or other account you have provided. If you have chosen to pay with a credit or debit card, you authorize us to obtain payment via any credit or debit card issued as a replacement or substitute for the card specified above, if applicable.
We will provide you at least 30 days’ written notice of any change to the price of dues, in which case you will have an opportunity to cancel your ANA membership.
Your Auto-Pay Authorization will continue until you or we cancel it, or until you or we cancel your ANA membership. You are not required to authorize Auto-Pay in order to maintain membership in the ANA, and you may choose to cancel your Auto-Pay Authorization at any time. In order to cancel, you must submit your cancellation request in writing, via regular mail or email, to us at least 7 days before the scheduled payment date. If we receive your cancellation request fewer than 7 days before your next scheduled payment date, your Auto-Pay will process as normal and the cancellation will be effective for your next scheduled payment.
You understand and agree that if you have authorized payment via electronic fund transfer, you are not waiving your rights under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act to cancel payments by directly contacting your financial institution and you will not be penalized for your exercise of such rights. You also agree that any ACH transactions you authorize comply with all applicable laws.
You understand that if we are unable to secure funds from the payment method you have authorized for any reason including, but not limited to, insufficient or uncollected funds in the account or insufficient or inaccurate information you provided, we may discontinue processing your Auto-Pay.
You are responsible for making on-time dues payments. If you believe your Auto-Pay will not process on time for any reason, you may also choose to make individual one-time payments by calling 1-800-284-2378 (when you are prompted, please select 1: Member Services). Discontinuation of the preauthorized credit card, debit card, or ACH payment method authorized herein, whether by you or by us, will not relieve you of your responsibility to make payments by some other method. If your Auto-Pay is discontinued and you do not make a payment due by some other method, we will cancel your ANA membership.
1. Acceptance of Order: By placing this order, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein including but not limited to being responsible for the payment of the goods and/or services you purchased.
2. Your Account Username/Password & Responsibility: When you make a purchase from this Website, you may create an account as part of the checkout process. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your username and password. You may not share your username or password with third parties. You agree to accept responsibility for the purchases of all goods or services that occur from use of your account.
4. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN YOUR ORDER, ALL GOODS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED AS/IS AND ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED ARE DISCLAIMED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES FOR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, COURSE OF TRADE, ERROR-FREE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. ANY AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE MATERIALS AND/OR CONTENT, SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTATION, OR INFORMATION.
5. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS: THE ANA ENTERPRISE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED, UPLOADED, CONTAINED IN OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OF AN ORDER, WHETHER SUCH IS FROM THE ANA ENTERPRISE OR A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CONTENT AND DISCUSSION BOARDS; USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION SHALL BE AT USER'S SOLE RISK. ADDITIONALLY, THE ANA ENTERPRISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY RESULT FROM THE ORDER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THAT SUCH PURCHASE WILL RESULT IN SUCCESS IN EXAM RESULTS OR IN AWARD RECOGNITION OF ANY TYPE. THE ANA ENTERPRISE GOODS AND SERVICES ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU MUST USE PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT IN EVALUATING ANY INFORMATION. THE GOODS AND SERVICES PROVIDED DO NOT SERVE AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR OWN JUDGMENT AS A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. THE ANA ENTERPRISE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL, LEGAL, OR BUSINESS ADVICE.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY THE ANA ENTERPRISE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT DAMAGES TO INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PECUNIARY, PUNITIVE, TORT, AND LOST PROFITS. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR THE ANA ENTERPRISE FOR ANY CLAIM OR LOSS RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE FEES PAID FOR THE ORDER GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM OR LOSS.
7. INDEMNITY: YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY THE ANA ENTERPRISE FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES, CLAIMS AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR BREACH OF ANY OF THE TERMS OR REPRESENTATIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
8. Waiver: Any failure to exercise a right or privilege by the ANA Enterprise shall not be deemed a waiver of future rights or privileges. Any waiver by the ANA Enterprise must be in writing.
9. Availability: If the good or service you purchase is not available, your only remedy is to receive a refund for the portion you did not receive in accordance with the Refund Policy.
10. Shipping/Delivery: Depending on whether the good or service is physical or digital, your item may be shipped or electronically delivered. Please see the item description for shipping or delivery times. The ANA Enterprise does not guarantee any shipping or delivery times but will use commercially reasonable efforts to ship or deliver your good or service promptly.
11. Severability: Each provision of the Agreement shall be considered severable such that if any one provision or clause conflicts with existing or future applicable law, or may not be given full effect because of such law, it shall not affect any other provision of the Agreement which can be given effect without the conflicting provision or clause.
12. Risk of Download: You assume all risk of downloading any good or service or portion thereof that is authorized or required to be downloaded.
13. Responsibility for Multiple Licenses: If you are a legitimate business, you may purchase one or more licenses in one order for certain goods and services for your employees provided that you acknowledge and agree you are required to inform such employees of the terms and conditions herein for their use including but not limited to the content you provide and the license grant and restrictions and provided further that you acknowledge and agree you are liable according to the terms of this agreement for any breach of these terms by your employees. any breach of these Terms by you is your responsibility.
14. Content You Provide: Any time you provide content through message boards, questions, upload or any other means through using the product and/or service of your order, you are granting the ANA Enterprise and its affiliates a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual license to use such content for any purpose without moral rights. Content you provide must not be inflammatory, slander, libel, malicious, or violate any other person’s or entity’s intellectual property rights.
15. Content: The goods or services you order may contain a variety of resources and content including but not limited to educational materials, articles, reference tools, images, photographs, sounds, music, artwork, communication tools, discussion and chat boards, text, exemplars, topic-based discussions, event based services such as live and recorded webinars, directories, guides, articles, opinions, weblogs, reviews, text, design, logos, graphics, button, icons, photographs, images, illustrations, a look and feel, layout, navigational structure, ideas, unique expressions of ideas, visual display choices, website trade dress elements, audio clips, video clips, trademarks, service marks and the like that are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws(collectively the "Content"). All Content and the rights thereto, are owned, licensed or controlled by the ANA Enterprise, its affiliates or other contributors. You agree and acknowledge that you have no rights to the Content of any good or service and may not use the Content except only as is expressly granted herein.
16. Geographical Jurisdiction: Some goods or services may not be available in certain jurisdictions due to applicable jurisdictional laws. Your only remedy if we cannot deliver you such good or service that you ordered and paid for due to jurisdictional laws is a refund subject to the Refund Policy.
17. Time Availability: Availability to you of any goods or services may be limited per terms of the good or service description. It is your responsibility to be aware of such time restrictions and use the good and/or service in the time allotted. ANA may make goods or services available to you longer than the product description but is not required to do so.
18. Internet Connection/Equipment: Some goods or services may require a compatible device and other specifications for accessing. Unless otherwise stated herein, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary specifications and equipment for your order as specified in the product description. Additionally, you are responsible for your own internet connection for any good or service that requires it.
19. License for Webinars:
a) Limited License: When you complete the order and pay for a webinar or other online good or service such as online course study (either referred to herein as a “Webinar”), you are not purchasing the Webinar but rather are being granted a revocable, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicenseable license for only you to access and view such Webinar during the time availability allotted and only for the purposes of viewing, participating in if available, and studying the Content of such Webinar for your noncommercial personal use only. If the Webinar has any materials that are authorized to be downloaded (e.g. study guide), you are granted a revocable, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, nonsublicensable license for only you to download such to one device and to make one printed copy solely for your personal noncommercial study and research. You are granted no other rights to the Webinar or the Content therein other than what is expressly stated herein. If you violate the license grant and/or any of the limitations herein, the ANA Enterprise may revoke your license.
20. License for Digital Books:
a) When you complete the order and pay for a digital or electronic book (“Digital Book”), you are not purchasing the Digital Book but rather the ANA Enterprise is granting you a revocable, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicenseable license to download to the Digital Book to one device only and to use the Content made available to you in the Digital Book solely to browse and search for your personal noncommercial research and education. You have no other rights to use the Digital Book and you have no rights to the Content of the Digital Book other than is expressed herein this paragraph. If the Digital Book has any materials that are authorized to be downloaded (e.g. study guide), you are granted a revocable, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable license for only you to download such to one device and to make one printed copy solely for your personal noncommercial study and research. If you violate the license grant and/or any of the limitations herein, the ANA Enterprise may revoke your license.
21. Assignment: You may not assign or transfer this agreement, or any of its rights or obligations under this agreement, whether by contract, operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the ANA Enterprise.
22. Third Party Beneficiaries: Nothing in this agreement shall confer any rights to any party other than you and the ANA Enterprise.
23. Complete Understanding: This agreement represents the entire understanding of the parties in reference to the order and any modification thereof shall not be effective unless contained in writing and signed by both parties.
24. Governing Law: This agreement has been entered into in the state of Maryland. Both parties agree that the laws of the state of Maryland shall govern this agreement and the venue for any dispute shall be in Maryland. UCITA is waived in its entirety.
25. Applicable Laws: You shall perform your respective obligations under this Agreement in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Individuals who enroll in an online educational offering and who open and complete pre-tests, module content, or post-tests will not be eligible for refunds. Refund requests for extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case-by-case basis when a detailed request is emailed to ANAfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation requests received 14 or more days before the interactive workshop course opens will receive a 100% registration fee refund minus a $50 processing fee. No refunds will be made for cancellation requests received within 13 days of the interactive workshop course open date.
In the unlikely occurrence that ANA cancels an event, ANA limits its liability to each registrant to the amount paid by the registrant.
All cancellation requests must be sent via email to ANAemail@example.com.
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel