Rheumatology Nursing:Scope and Standards of Practice, 2nd Edition
Developed and co-published by the American Nurses Association and the Rheumatology Nurses Society
The premier resource for the practicing rheumatology nurse, Rheumatology Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 2nd Edition, is informed by the advances in health care and professional nursing today. This new edition of the publication contains information on core role accountabilities, role qualifications, ethics in rheumatology nursing, along with trends, issues and opportunities that every rheumatology nurse must know.
Rheumatology Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 2nd Edition covers the full extent of rheumatology nursing practice needs in any setting or role and at any level of influence and authority. This specialty’s core accountabilities illustrate that depth and breadth of practice:
- Safety, quality, and risk management
- Patient and population health advocacy
- Clinical care delivery and optimal patient outcomes
- Healthy work environments
- Strategic, financial, and human resource management
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Networking, partnering, and collaborating
- Accountability/advocacy for their employees
The publication also addresses 17 updated national standards, which offer a framework for evaluating practice outcomes and goals, as well as for what is expected of all rheumatology nurses, and its scope of practice specifies the who, what, where, when, why, and how of their practice. This new book is a must-have for the aspiring or practicing rheumatology nurse, or any registered nurse.