Holistic Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition
Developed and published by the American Nurses Association and the American Holistic Nurses Association
The premier resource for today’s holistic nurses, Holistic Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition is informed by the advances in health care and professional nursing today. This new edition of the publication contains information on core role accountabilities, role qualifications, ethics in holistic nursing, along with trends, issues and opportunities that every holistic nurse must know.
Holistic Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition covers the full extent of holistic nursing practice needs in any setting or role and at any level of influence and authority. This specialty’s core accountabilities illustrate that depth and breadth of practice:
- Safety, quality, and risk management
- Patient and population health advocacy
- Clinical care delivery and optimal patient outcomes
- Healthy work environments
- Strategic, financial, and human resource management
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Networking, partnering, and collaborating
- Accountability/advocacy for their employees
The publication also addresses 17 updated national standards, which offer a framework for evaluating practice outcomes and goals, as well as for what is expected of all gerontology nurses, and its scope of practice specifies the who, what, where, when, why, and how of their practice. This new book is a must-have for the aspiring or practicing holistic nurse, or any registered nurse.