Bounce Forward: The Extraordinary Resilience of Nurse Leadership
This book uses real-life stories to provide nurses in all practice settings with a model and methods to cultivate the personal, professional and organizational resilience they need to achieve nursing’s vision of a transformed 21st-century health care system.
It’s time to become an extraordinary nurse — one who grows stronger in the face of adversity, helping oneself and others to transform negative experiences into positive ones.
“Bounce Forward: The Extraordinary Resilience of Nurse Leadership” uses real-life stories to provide nurses in all practice settings with a model and methods to cultivate the personal, professional and organizational resilience they need to achieve nursing’s vision of a transformed 21st-century health care system.
The book is broken into four sections, each illuminating the concept of leadership resilience, what it takes to become a resilient leader, how to put your leadership resilience into action and how to foster resilient organizations.
The ideas presented here focus on the extra requirements of leadership resilience during disruptive change. You can put them into practice immediately, meaning you’ll become more resilient and will inspire resilience in others. This book gives you:
- Five reasons to increase your leadership resilience
- A personal resilience, renewal, resonance and relationship inventory exercise
- Seven key things that leadership resilience produces
- And much more!
“Bounce Forward: The Extraordinary Resilience of Nurse Leadership” will arm you with the personal and professional resilience tools needed to close the gap between the complex demands of your organization and the skills you need to meet those demands.
Elle Allison-Napolitano is the founder and president of Wisdom Out. Elle works with leaders, aspiring leaders, senior leadership teams, work teams and leadership coaches; she teaches them the strategies, practices and tools they need to increase their organization’s capacity for positive change and sustainable results.
Daniel J. Pesut
Daniel J. Pesut is a nurse educator who has spent 39 years helping people develop the critical and creative mindset that supports the development of leadership insights. He has a longstanding interest in supporting the personal and professional renewal of nurses in practice, education and research contexts.
Downloads and Licensing
The American Nurses Association (ANA) holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Site Licenses for eBooks
An eBook site license entitles you to share an electronic book with others in your facility or academic institution only, either by posting to a secure intranet site or by providing other means of secure access. The ANA site license gives everyone in your organization seamless simultaneous access to the evidence- and research-based nursing knowledge and information that they need—when and where they need it.
For use on a hospital intranet or university electronic reserve, please provide the following information:
- Title or list of ANA eBooks that will be included in the site license
- URL (Web Address) where this material will be posted
- Description of how the material will be accessed
- Whether the site is password protected
- Whether the material can be downloaded or printed
- Duration of term needed
- Projected number of people expected to access the material
Please send site license request to email@example.com. Please also include with your request, complete contact information, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone numbers. A site license coordinator will contact the primary contact via email to confirm the price and complete the transaction. Prepayment is required. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Sample Site License Agreement [PDF]