Admit One: What You Must Know When Going to the Hospital—But No One Actually Tells You!
Admit One: What You Must Know When Going to the Hospital—But No One Actually Tells You! explains—in plain language—everything to expect in the hospital environment.
Admit One: What You Must Know When Going to the Hospital—But No One Actually Tells You! explains—in plain language—everything to expect in the hospital environment. Whether it's you or a loved one who is being admitted, you can use this insider's guide to understand as much as possible about the culture of a hospital, how it functions, and what to expect of your health care providers.
After reading this book, you'll feel less intimidated and more in control of your care. All the things that doctors and nurses assume you know when you're admitted—but no one has actually told you—are outlined here.
This thorough and insightful publication will help you learn:
- The duties of each member of your health care team
- How your team works together to provide you with the best care possible
- How the various hospital units and patient equipment function
- What to expect from your nurses and what they expect from you
- The key questions you must ask and to whom you should direct them
And much more!
About the Book
BSN, RN, CCRN
Kati Kleber, BSN, RN, CCRN, graduated from nursing school in Iowa in 2010. After working on a cardiac stepdown unit in the Midwest, she moved into neurocritical care in Charlotte, NC. She was a certified preceptor, obtained her critical care certification, and was named one of the "Great 100 Nurses of North Carolina" and Charlotte Business Journal’s Nurse of the Year in 2015. Author, national speaker, and host of a podcast for new nurses, Kati owns and operates FreshRN.com. Her passion centers not only on encouraging and educating new graduate nurses, but also on building relationships with other people and God. She and her husband John have one child, Hannah Joy, and two very handsome rescue dogs. Kati is currently pursuing her MSN in Nursing Education. To learn more about her, visit katikleber.com.
Downloads and Licensing
The American Nurses Association (ANA) holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Site Licenses for eBooks
An eBook site license entitles you to share an electronic book with others in your facility or academic institution only, either by posting to a secure intranet site or by providing other means of secure access. The ANA site license gives everyone in your organization seamless simultaneous access to the evidence- and research-based nursing knowledge and information that they need—when and where they need it.
For use on a hospital intranet or university electronic reserve, please provide the following information:
- Title or list of ANA eBooks that will be included in the site license
- URL (Web Address) where this material will be posted
- Description of how the material will be accessed
- Whether the site is password protected
- Whether the material can be downloaded or printed
- Duration of term needed
- Projected number of people expected to access the material
Please send site license request to email@example.com. Please also include with your request, complete contact information, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone numbers. A site license coordinator will contact the primary contact via email to confirm the price and complete the transaction. Prepayment is required. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Sample Site License Agreement [PDF]