On behalf of the ANCC Board of Directors, the Nominations Committee issues this call for qualified nominees for appointment to seats on the Commission on Accreditation in Nursing Continuing Professional Development (COA-NCPD), Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Programs (COA-PTP), Commission on Magnet® (COM), and which serve as the governing bodies for their respective ANCC programs.
- All open commission seats require applicants to be an ANA Member (C/SNA-ANA or IMD) unless otherwise noted.
- All open commission seats are for four-year terms beginning, January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2026, unless otherwise noted.
The annual call is open until 11:59pm, Friday, November 18, 2022. You may submit a nomination for more than one commission; however, appointees may only serve on one commission at a time.
- One (1) seat open for an individual who is an Emerging Leader
- An Emerging Leader on the COA-NCPD is a registered nurse who has two years or less of experience in nursing continuing professional development from an ANCC accredited provider.
- Term of Service: January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2024; not eligible for re-appointment to the Emerging Leader seat
- One (1) seat open for an individual who is an Interprofessional Public Member, does not need to be an ANA member
- One (1) seat open for a registered nurse representing academia
- One (1) seat open for a registered nurse serving in an executive role in a Magnet® designated facility
Application Process – To be considered, all nominees must review/submit the following:
- Review the applicable commission’s Profile Sheet for general information on commission composition, responsibilities, terms, time commitment and member requirements.
- Complete the Biographical Form for ANCC Organizational Commission Appointments.
- Include an abbreviated curriculum vitae not longer than 5 pages and must include:
- Current Certifications
- Professional experience (current and former positions for the last 5 years)
- Publications (within the last 5 years)
- Presentations (within the last 5 years)
- Offices, appointments, and/or activities with professional organizations
- Review the ANCC Volunteer Agreement and the ANCC Volunteer Conflict of Interest and Financial Disclosure Forms. If appointed, the applicant will be sent the forms for signature.
Nominees may submit electronically up to two (2) letters of endorsement with the required nomination materials. All nomination materials must be submitted by 11:59pm ET on Friday November 18, 2022. If you have any questions regarding the appointments process, please contact Governance & Planning staff at email@example.com.