Are you are interested in an opportunity to shape the future of certification and have an impact on the nursing profession? Then answer this call to volunteer for this exciting opportunity.
ANCC is seeking candidates for an appointment to the Commission on Board Certification (COC) which serves as the governing body for the ANCC Certification Program. The Certification Appointments Committee makes the final appointments of candidates for a 4-year term from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2024. Candidates appointed will be notified by September 25, 2020. An orientation of newly appointed commission members will be held in October 2020 at ANCC in Silver Spring, MD.
- Currently engaged in the role and population that aligns with the ANCC certification held.
- The certified nurse at large or CEP representatives must have and maintain an unencumbered RN or APRN license and active ANCC certification at the time of appointment and during your entire tenure on the COC.
- Cannot be currently engaged any other ANCC program (e.g., reviewer, appraiser or commission member for Magnet Recognition Program, Pathway to Excellence, or Accreditation.)
- Cannot be currently engaged as a volunteer or staff member in any certification review materials in the same certification you hold, this includes ANA Knowledge Center, proprietary certification review companies, etc.
- Review the COC Profile Sheet for general information on commission composition, responsibilities, terms, time commitment and member requirements.
- Review the COC Volunteer Agreement and the Financial and Conflict of Interest If appointed, the applicant will be required to sign these documents.
- Review and complete all sections of the COC application.
- Obtain and submit the required supporting documents described on the Application cover page.
Optional Endorsement and/or Recommendation
The nominee may submit electronically up to two letters of endorsement along with the ANCC Biographical Form for Appointments and curriculum vitae.Submission Instructions
Required forms and optional letters of endorsement MUST:
- Save your information as single PDF file.
- Name the PDF COCapplication_yourlastname.firstname (e.g.COCapplication_mahoney.mary)
- Send via email to ANCCVolunteer@ana.org no later than June 15, 2020
To be considered, nomination packets must be received electronically in the firstname.lastname@example.org email box NLT Wednesday, June 15, 2020 at 11:59 pm EDT.