APRN Pharmacology Today: Safe Prescribing of Opioids
Get the latest on the opioid overuse epidemic, ways to safely prescribe, and other helpful resources. Also, learn about pain management, as well as long-acting opioids and abuse-deterrent formulations.
℞ Earn 5.0 pharmacology contact hours upon completion of the course.
This course offers the APRN a broad overview of how to safely prescribe opioids and the associated elements of managing patients with pain. This course assists the APRN in fulfilling pharmacology CE requirements for licensure. APRN Pharmacology Today: Safe Prescribing of Opioids will cover the following information:
- Module 1: Opioid Overuse Epidemic
- Module 2: Pain Evaluation & Management
- Module 3: Long-Acting Opioids & Abuse-Deterrent Formulations
- Module 4: Overdose Prevention
Key Learning Objectives
The key learning objectives for this activity are:
- Describe the extent of the opioid epidemic
- Discuss key aspects of pain evaluation and management
- Explore important aspects of prescribing including differences in patient populations and opioid metabolism, drug interactions, and various opioid formulations
- Explain the rationale for and scope of overdose prevention education
- Identify one practice change based on current course content