APRN Pharmacology Today: Key Concepts in Infectious Disease
Delve into this course to learn more about infectious diseases. You will discover key information about disease management, the available pharmacological and newest antimicrobial treatment options, as well as taking an in-depth look at HIV and Hepatitis C. Earn CNE credits while broadening your knowledge of infectious diseases.
℞ Earn 4.0 pharmacology contact hours upon completion of the course.
Infectious disease and management remain at the forefront of advanced nursing practice. This updated APRN Pharmacology Today course highlights the best practices with antimicrobial stewardship and pharmacological management of the most common infectious organisms. Then explore the newest antimicrobials to hit the market. Next, take a dive into the hard-to-treat infectious diseases while managing antibiotic resistance. This course delves deeply into the focused and advanced management of HIV and Hepatitis C. It rounds off with helpful resources to support your practice.
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- Bugs and Drugs
- Newly Approved Antimicrobials
- Hard to Treat Organisms and Antibiotic Resistance
- Hepatitis C
- Helpful Resources
Key Learning Outcomes
After taking this interactive online course, you will be able to:
- Review current literature and guideline recommendations for the safe use of medications in patients with infectious diseases.
- Compare and contrast the available pharmacologic treatments that ensure safe use of medications.
- Formulate a treatment and monitoring plan for safe use of medications in patients with infectious diseases.