APRN Pharmacology Today: Dementia
Use this online course to delve into the study of dementia. The course covers how to distinguish between the various types of dementia, an overview of patient symptoms, pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatment options, as well as the tools used to assess cognitive impairment. Start learning today, while also earning APRN CNE.
℞ Earn 3.5 pharmacology contact hours upon completion of the course.
This course offers the APRN a broad overview of how to safely manage patients with dementia using pharmacologic agents and nonpharmacologic interventions. This course assists the APRN in fulfilling pharmacology CNE requirements for licensure.
Course Modules Include:
- Introduction to Dementia
- Types of Dementia
- Nonpharmacological Interventions for Dementia
- Medications for the Treatment of Dementia
Key Learning Outcomes
- Define dementia and describe its prevalence
- Describe the tools used to assess cognitive impairment
- Distinguish between the types of dementia by describing the associated clinical features and pathophysiology
- Describe nonpharmacological interventions for dementia
- Compare and contrast the pharmacologic agents used for the management of dementia-associated cognitive symptoms
- Discuss the role of antipsychotics for treatment of dementia-related agitation and psychosis