Why Get Vaccinated?
ANA Position Statement on Covid-19 Vaccination for Nurses and Health Care Professionals
The American Nurses Association’s (ANA) longstanding position for all nurses and health care professionals to be immunized against vaccine-preventable diseases now includes the three COVID-19 vaccines being administered under the Food and Drug Administration’s Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) process, unless there is a medical issue that makes vaccination unadvisable. Read the full position statement here.
Information for You
The See You Now podcast episode VaccinesWork: Building Confidence (running time 1 hour) delves into vaccine development, vaccination hesitation and the critical role nurses have in promoting vaccination to each other and the public.
Information for your Patients, Colleagues, Friends, and Family
A message of appreciation and hope for nurses everywhere, #ThisIsOurShot:
- The Ad Council and COVID Collaborative has messaging recommendations to educate the American public and build confidence around the COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkit — use or adapt these ready-made materials from the CDC to build confidence about COVID-19 vaccination among healthcare staff, educate patients and answer vaccine questions.
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Education and Equity Project, a group of more than 150 leading organizations representing patient, provider, employer and public health organizations launched “Count Me In,” a campaign to provide individuals and organizations with information to build confidence in authorized COVID-19 vaccines, and to motivate and inspire people to collectively fight the pandemic.
Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy
- Have a conversation with the people you love who are waiting to get vaccinated. The Costs of Waiting has information to help us move past the pandemic.
- The NIH Community Engagement Alliance (CEAL) Against COVID-19 Disparities works closely with the communities hit hardest by COVID-19. Find FAQs, fact sheets, and other resources you can share to encourage people to get informed and take steps to overcome COVID-19.
- This Communication Tip Sheet provides language that can help improve vaccine acceptance.