COVID-19 Vaccine Basics
Where to find practical information about the vaccines?
Nurses are consistently ranked as the most trusted profession, and they are responsible for patient counseling and education within the healthcare setting. Your opinion about COVID-19 vaccines, your recommendation, and most of all, your behavior, all matter. In this video, our nurse experts provide the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines. Watch now »
This PDF provides links to answers for important questions about safety, side effects, logistics & dosing and education from the CDC and others.
What are the Covid-19 Vaccines, and how are they different?
Vaccines are one of the most important tools we have in stopping the SARS CoV-2 pandemic. Because patients rely on us for accurate information to make informed decisions about their health, it’s important for nurses to understand how different vaccines work.
- Watch our nurse experts cover how the difference COVID-19 vaccine platforms work to prevent COVID-19, information about the Emergency Use Authorization process, and common vaccine side effects.
- Find the latest information on development on the Global and National Coronavirus Vaccine Tracker.
- Visit the CDC COVID-19 Vaccines information webpage for their latest guidance.
- See the Vaccine Information section of the Covid-19 FAQs for answers to frequently asked questions.
- The Immunization Action Coalition provides links to key COVID-19 vaccine resources from IAC, CDC, and other partners.
What is an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)?
- Watch the FDA explain how EUAs help make important medical products available quickly.
- FDA - Emergency Use Authorization for Vaccines Explained
- Infographic: The Path for a COVID-19 Vaccine from Research to Emergency Use Authorization