Resources and Best Practices for Nurses and Other Clinicians
Learn about guidelines, educational resources and best practices for nurses storing, handling and administering the COVID-19 vaccines.
Vaccination Webinars and Training
COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for HCP - a CDC web-on-demand module, COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for Healthcare Providers, is available for providers who will be administering COVID-19 vaccines, and includes information about emergency use authorizations, vaccine safety, vaccine storage, handling, administration, and reporting.
Key Considerations for Nurses
For nurses providing the COVID-19 Vaccine: Nurses play a key role in ensuring vaccinations are administered safely and efficiently. Get prepared for your role as a vaccinator by learning from our nurse experts the key considerations for nurses preparing and administering COVID-19 vaccines.
Watch now »
For nurses supervising COVID-19 vaccine administration: A large number and a variety of healthcare professionals are needed to support COVID-19 vaccination efforts nationwide. Training is important not only for those who will prepare and administer vaccines, but for those responsible for oversight of the operation of vaccination administration programs. In this video, our nurse experts cover the key things you need to know when preparing to supervise a COVID-19 vaccine administration site.
Watch now »
COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens
Learn more about COVID-19 vaccination recommendations for children and teens, and find key resources for parents and providers in this Pediatric Healthcare Professionals COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkit. Additional vaccine information for children and teens can be found in the COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs.
Storage and Handling Information
- Best Practices on Vaccine Storage and Handling – and other resources have been added to CDC’s Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit to assist vaccination providers with proper storage and handling of COVID-19 vaccines, and to help meet the requirements of the COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement.
- Click Here to sign up for CDC's Email Subscription Service, and have updated information sent directly to your inbox.
- USP COVID-19 Vaccine Handling Toolkit: Operational Considerations for Healthcare Practitioners.
Guidelines and Other Resources
- Guiding Principles for Nurses and the COVID-19 Vaccines - Vaccines are critical to the control and prevention of infectious disease transmission. These principles are key factors for nurses and other health care professionals to examine in consideration of immunization.
- Find information on interim clinical considerations and program provider support on the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Clinical & Professional Resources page.