Information for Healthcare Consumers
Prevent the spread of coronavirus by staying up to date and following guidance from the CDC and your state and local public health departments.
For your protection and the protection of all healthcare personnel, we ask for your help with slowing the spread of COVID-19. Simple actions together will make a tremendous difference in the number of cases and deaths resulting from COVID-19. Share these tips below with your family and friends to help slow the spread and flatten the curve.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze, wash your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently
- STAY AT HOME WHEN SICK
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Wash your hands before eating, after using the restroom, and upon returning home
- Avoid shaking hands and opt for an elbow cross or fist bump as a greeting instead
- Wear a homemade cloth face covering when out buying essential items from the grocery store or pharmacy
- Practice physical distancing, keeping 6 feet between yourself and other individuals
- Maintain your personal health and wellness, following a healthy diet, get adequate rest, and minimize stress to strengthen your immune system
- If you have a chronic illness, make sure you are working with your clinician to follow medication regimes for the maintenance and control of your condition and discuss your risks for COVID-19
- Check in frequently with your friends and relatives as we practice social distancing.
To learn more, and to download information to share within your community, visit:
How to help those on the front-line www.thanknurses.org
Information on volunteer opportunities by state is available through the 100 Workforce Challenge