Frequently Asked Questions
Are you a nurse or nursing student working to solve a problem and have innovative solution that would benefit from micro-funding? Consider applying for the ANA Innovation Sandbox.
- What is the ANA Innovation Sandbox?
- A sandbox is a place where nurses with creative new ideas can explore and experiment with their ideas in a free-flowing and unrestricted manner.
- What is micro-funding?
- Micro-funding involves non-traditional ways of securing money, usually in smaller measures, than other grants, banks, or lending institutions normally distribute.
- How often are the funds distributed?
- The sandbox funds are distributed every January and June.
- How will I know if I am going to receive funding?
- Individuals who apply for the Sandbox will receive an email letting them know if they will or will not receive funding. If a nurse does not receive funding, they are eligible to re-apply.
- Does the funding have to be paid back?
- The funding you receive is to advance your work and ideas.
- What are the requirements for receiving micro-funding?
- Sandbox recipients are expect to write a thank you note addressed to the “ANA Innovation Sandbox Funders” highlighting how the Sandbox funding has supported you, what it means to your initiative, and how this funding is being used. Other requirements will be outlined in your notification letter.
- How much funding will I receive?
- We do not have a pre-determined amount of funding that will be distributed per person. There are numerous factors and variables impacting these decisions. All applications are reviewed by the ANA Innovation Team.
- Micro-funding is to be used solely for the purpose of developing your work. It will not cover:
- > We do not have a pre-determined amount of funding that will be distributed per person. There are numerous factors and variables impacting these decisions. All applications are reviewed by the ANA Innovation Team.
- > Educational, office, or medical needs or supplies.
- > Existing educational programs or to supplement grants.
- > Conferences, conference travel, or professional memberships.
- > Startups that are beyond early stage.
- > Previous ANA Innovation Sandbox awardees.
Still have questions?
Please email our ANA Innovation Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org