Education + Research + Resources
Do you want to learn more about nursing and healthcare innovation? We’re working to compile content and resources to support your innovation growth. Some of the best ideas come from collaboration, breaking down silos, and by sharing knowledge. See the innovation courses, research, and resources below.
Check out education content tailored to support your innovation development.
Listen To The See You Now Podcast & Earn Free CNE!
Curated podcast bundles that offer FREE CNE for every nurses across the country! Each bundle has 4 CNE! No other nursing podcast offers this incredible benefit! See the links below for bundled listening tracks.
Navigate Nursing - Innovation Webinars
2022 Course: Positioning Nurses to Lead: The Next Transformation of Healthcare
Instructor: Dr. Oriana Beaudet, DNP, RN
- Healthcare is a system under continuous pressure. The pandemic has shown us where we have struggled and where we shine. You, like all nurses, are a leader. And you are navigating some of the biggest issues of our time – access to care, rapidly expanding environments for care delivery, technology, including social, and societal upheaval. Figure out how to identify and scale barriers to innovation and how nurses can innovate to bring about healthcare transformation. Learn about nurses designing solutions to address the needs of their communities. Nurses and nursing expertise are exactly what healthcare needs.
- Bonus Content! See the presentation of the 2022 ANA Innovation Awards sponsored by Stryker. Meet some of the newest innovation leaders in field working to improve health, patient safety, and outcomes! The ANA Innovation Awards sponsored by Stryker are presented to an individual nurse and a nurse-led team whose: educational intervention, product, device, technology, business, program, service, research, or new care model improve patient outcomes, and exemplify nurse-led innovation.
2021 Course: Innovation in Healthcare: The Role of Creativity, Design, and Innovation in Nursing
Instructor: Dr. Oriana Beaudet, DNP, RN
- Healthcare is in an incredible time of disruption and nurses are at the epicenter of the pandemic. Nurses are working differently, and our profession’s leadership in redesigning care across our country has never been more apparent. Attend this webinar to learn more about the trends and how you can work and lead through these tumultuous times.
There are very clear threads between innovation and research. Our goal is to share the innovation research shifting the nursing profession forward.
ANA joined the American Organization of Nursing Leaders and Johnson & Johnson to commission a market research study to understand the current state of the nursing profession amid the pandemic. This research highlights the perceptions of nurses, nursing students, advanced practice nurses, administration, physician assistants, and providers. This research is being expanded to broader industry and nursing conversations to harness the wisdom of subject matter experts to examine nursing innovation in three areas: Care Delivery, Organizational Structure and Workforce of the Future. With the insights and knowledge gleaned from these conversations, we hope to define a progressive path forward for nursing, one that will ultimately strengthen and improve care delivery and elevate the role of nurses as innovative change agents.
The Impact of COVID-19 on the Nursing Profession in the U.S.: 2020 Quantitative Survey Summary
Now more than ever is the time to reflect on nursing’s role in addressing the issues heightened by COVID-19 and to inform a progressive path forward where nurses are well-positioned and prepared to meet the evolving needs of our patients, communities and health care system. Download the survey to see the impact COVID-19 has had on the nursing profession.
Three Main Research Chapters
The pandemic exposed areas of opportunities for nursing to define a progressive path forward, strengthening care delivery and elevating the role of nurses as change agents and innovative, transformative healthcare leaders. Qualitative interviews with renowned nurse leaders reveal a set of critical learnings as well as next steps and promising practices that are essential in delivering the full potential of the nursing profession for healthcare – now and in the future.
Read more about this transformative work:
Sharing great innovation resources, links, and content for your projects and growth. Watch for this section to grow along with our community of innovators! If you think there’s other content that should be listed – please contact us.
ANA Innovation Articles & Videos
Just Because: Music + Innovation Inspiration
- Leadership for Evidence-Based Innovation
- Transforming Interprofessional Partnerships
- The Nurse's Guide to Innovation: Accelerating the Journey
- Quantum Leadership: Advancing Innovation, Transforming Healthcare
Innovation Concepts and Processes
- The Innovation Road Map - Guide
Nursing Schools & Programs Teaching Innovation + Design
The views and opinions expressed within these resources may not reflect the positions or policies of the American Nurses Association. The resources are provided for the sole purpose of highlighting innovative work across the nursing profession. Listing of links to organizations or groups shall not be construed as an endorsement of said organizations or groups. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us here.
Below find a PDF of each of our monthly newsletters. Feel free to share with a friend or peruse at your leisure. If you missed an email or would like to join our list, you can do so by signing up here.