Do you want to learn more about nursing and healthcare innovation? We’re working to compile content and resources to support your innovation growth. Some of the best ideas come from collaboration, breaking down silos, and by sharing knowledge. See the innovation courses, research, and resources below.
Check out courses tailored to support your innovation development. Some of these courses offer continuing nursing education!
2021 Navigate Nursing Webinar
Course: Innovation in Healthcare: The Role of Creativity, Design, and Innovation in Nursing
Instructor: Dr. Oriana Beaudet, DNP, RN
- Healthcare is in an incredible time of disruption and nurses are at the epicenter of the pandemic. Nurses are working differently, and our profession’s leadership in redesigning care across our country has never been more apparent. Attend this webinar to learn more about the trends and how you can work and lead through these tumultuous times.
- Bonus Content! See the presentation of the 2021 ANA Innovation Awards powered by BD. Know what your colleagues are doing in the Innovation space. These awards highlight, recognize, and celebrate nurse-led innovation that improves patient safety and/or outcomes. The ANA Innovation Awards powered by BD will be presented to an individual nurse and a nurse-led team whose product, program, project, or practice, improve patient outcomes, and exemplify nurse-led innovation.
There are very clear threads between innovation and research. Our goal is to share the innovation research shifting the nursing profession forward.
ANA joined the American Organization of Nursing Leaders and Johnson & Johnson to commission a market research study to understand the current state of the nursing profession amid the pandemic. This research highlights the perceptions of nurses, nursing students, advanced practice nurses, administration, physician assistants, and providers. This research is being expanded to broader industry and nursing conversations to harness the wisdom of subject matter experts to examine nursing innovation in three areas: Care Delivery, Organizational Structure and Workforce of the Future. With the insights and knowledge gleaned from these conversations, we hope to define a progressive path forward for nursing, one that will ultimately strengthen and improve care delivery and elevate the role of nurses as innovative change agents.
The Impact of COVID-19 on the Nursing Profession in the U.S.: 2020 Quantitative Survey Summary
Now more than ever is the time to reflect on nursing’s role in addressing the issues heightened by COVID-19 and to inform a progressive path forward where nurses are well-positioned and prepared to meet the evolving needs of our patients, communities and health care system. Download the survey to see the impact COVID-19 has had on the nursing profession.
Sharing great innovation resources, links, and content for your projects and growth. Watch for this section to grow along with our community of innovators! If you think there’s other content that should be listed – please contact us.
ANA Innovation Articles & Videos
- Transforming Interprofessional Partnerships
- Quantum Leadership: Advancing Innovation, Transforming Healthcare
Innovation Concepts and Processes
- The Innovation Road Map - Guide
Nursing Programs Teaching Innovation
- Stay tuned!