Resources and Best Practices for Nurses and Other Clinicians
Vaccination Webinars and Training
COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for HCP - a new CDC web-on-demand module, COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for Healthcare Providers, is now available for providers who will be administering COVID-19 vaccines, and includes information about emergency use authorizations, vaccine safety, vaccine storage, handling, administration, and reporting.
Storage and Handling Information
- Best Practices on Vaccine Storage and Handling – and other resources have been added to CDC’s Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit to assist vaccination providers with proper storage and handling of COVID-19 vaccines, and to help meet the requirements of the COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement.
- Click Here to sign up for CDC's Email Subscription Service, and have updated information sent directly to your inbox.
- USP COVID-19 Vaccine Handling Toolkit: Operational Considerations for Healthcare Practitioners.
Guidelines and Other Resources
- Guiding Principles for Nurses and the COVID-19 Vaccines - Vaccines are critical to the control and prevention of infectious disease transmission. These principles are key factors for nurses and other health care professionals to examine in consideration of immunization.
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Operational Guidance for Jurisdictions Playbook - serves as an interim playbook for state, territorial, tribal, and local public health programs and their partners on how to plan and operationalize a vaccination response to COVID-19 within their jurisdictions.
- The Public's Role in COVID-19 Vaccination: Planning Recommendations Informed by Design Thinking and the Social, Behavioral, and Communication Sciences