Falls and Falls with Injury
Critical Safety Outcome Measures: ANA’s Falls and Falls with Injuries Hospital Measures
Both ANA falls and falls with injuries measures are endorsed by NQF.
These are high impact safety measures
- Injuries from falls contribute to death and harm
- The two measures work in tandem to improve safety through reduction in falls and injuries from falls
- ANA has worked closely with the CMS Partnership for Patients (PfP) to reduced harm from falls
- Evidence on Total Fall Rate (NQF# 0141) and Injury Fall Rate (NQF #0202) [pdf]
- Interim Update on 2013 Annual Hospital-Acquired Condition Rate and Estimates of Cost Savings and Deaths Averted From 2010 to 2013
- “The quality question: pearls for practice” TAN
- Chapter 10: Fall and Injury Prevention by Leann Currie [pdf]
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel