Promote your Magnet® Status
Only the best of the best are Magnet® organizations! Magnet® recognition credentials your institution as one of the finest healthcare organizations worldwide. Use templates and information in this Marketing Toolkit to share this accomplishment within your organization and community.
- Issue a press release and offer interviews to local media.
- Send an alert via internal communications (newsletters, emails, and intranet).
- Write an article for your institution's community newsletter.
- Post an announcement on your website.
- Incorporate information about Magnet recognition and the Magnet certification mark on all branded materials, including website, letterhead, business cards, brochures, social media and any other vehicles which support your institution's market presence.
- Ensure hospital leadership, including the Board of Directors, is well informed about the achievement and its meaning.
- Conduct an all-staff meeting to announce and celebrate the achievement, at which you can outline the importance of this credential.
- Draw the attention of employees, patients, and visitors to this achievement by hanging posters in high-traffic areas such as elevators, cafeterias, and hallways.
- Order official Magnet pins for all nurses from the ANCC E-Store.
Call 301.628.5065 or email Shari Dixon
Resources for Download
- Magnet Recognition Program® and Magnet® are registered trademarked names.
- Please include the trademark disclaimer:
- The Magnet Recognition Program®, ANCC Magnet Recognition®, Magnet® names and logos are registered trademarks of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Journey to Magnet Excellence® and National Magnet Conference® are trademarks of the American Nurses Credentialing Center. All rights reserved.
- All references to the program name must use the ® or R mark (superscript) in the first mention. This includes references in both headlines and regular text.
- When referring to your Magnet recognition in copy, keep in mind these basic guidelines for description:
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center "grants" an organization Magnet "recognition", thereby giving that organization "status" as a Magnet-recognized organization.
- ANCC uses the terms honored, received, achieved, and/or bestowed to describe the designation. Do not describe Magnet recognition as an "award."
- The name Magnet should always begin with a capital letter M.
- Do not use Magnet or Magnet recognized as a description or an action. It is the name of the program and should be used as such.
- Spell out the full program name, Magnet Recognition Program, as much as possible.
Note for Healthcare Systems
If all healthcare organizations in your system are not Magnet-recognized, please be certain that the logo is used only in reference to those which are so recognized. There must be no confusion to even a casual viewer/reader as to which organizations the logo applies to.
If you have any questions as to whether your proposed use of the certification mark meets these requirements, please email a sample to ANCC for review.
ANCC Magnet-recognized organizations have the right to utilize the certification mark – in accordance with the guidelines provided in this document – on letterhead, brochures, and for publicity activities relating to the program and/or nursing activities within the designated organization.
Other than in relation to the recognition of nursing services, the Magnet Recognition Program name and logo should not be used in conjunction with any goods, products, or other services created, offered or sold by the designated organization that would create the appearance of an endorsement by the Program or by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
The logos should only be used in a manner that represents the intent of the Magnet Recognition Program. ANCC expects that representatives of its Magnet-recognized organizations will follow established standards of professional practice and ethics in business, advertising, public relations, sales, and marketing when using the logos.
The Magnet Recognition Program® certification mark is a legally trademarked symbol and must be used in accordance with these rules:
- All lettering inside the logo must be readable when the symbol is used on materials.
- If the words are not legible, please increase the size of the logo.
- The logo cannot be altered or modified. It may be resized, provided the proportions of the entire logo are maintained and all features of the logo are clearly distinguishable.
- The logo shall be reproduced:
- In black or in green (PMS 3278 green or equivalent)
- In a size which makes all features of the mark clearly distinguishable
- Without distortion of its dimensions
- The Magnet logo cannot be used in isolation from the recognized organization's logo. All materials must contain both the recognized organization's logo and the Magnet Recognition Program logo.
- For the use of the certification mark on electronic documentation (e.g., websites), the same rules as stated in these guidelines apply.
- Logos used on a Magnet-recognized organization's website must include a hyperlink to ANCC's Magnet Recognition Program web page.
Note for Healthcare Systems
If all healthcare organizations in your system are not Magnet-recognized please be certain the logo is only applied to Magnet-recognized entities. There must be no confusion about which organizations the logo applies. If you have any questions as to whether your proposed use of the certification mark meets these requirements, please email a sample to ANCC for review.
ANCC reserves all rights in its trademarks. ANCC reserves the right to change the guidelines herein, and/or cancel use at any time. Any organization failing to strictly adhere to these guidelines shall have their right to use terminated immediately. In addition, the Magnet Recognition Program reserves the right to terminate its recognition of an organization should an organization violate or continue to violate these guidelines in a manner that may jeopardize the integrity of ANCC trademarks, or program, as defined solely by ANCC.
Use of Logo on Promotional Items
The Summit Group is the officially licensed vendor of Magnet® and Journey to Magnet Excellence® products. Magnet logos may not be reproduced for use on promotional items except through Summit Group. This includes all requests for embroidery or customized items featuring the Magnet and Journey to Magnet Excellence logos with your organization's name and logo.
The Summit Group is a wholesale vendor and can procure any promotional product commercially available. For pricing and design concepts, please contact the ANCC E-Store Customer Service team at 877.435.2011 or at email@example.com.
In order to access the marketing toolkit, you must be logged out of all other resource centers.
Guidelines for Hosting an Event or Providing Consulting/Mentoring Services
These guidelines are being provided to make it clear that ANCC is not sponsoring an event that you may hold on your own or endorsing the materials that you provide at such an event. In this manner, the hospital and ANCC will avoid confusion. ANCC will not receive complaints about perceived misinformation nor will the hospital be held accountable for ANCC's actions if different from a hospital's description.
- ANCC requests that all content be related to your personal or organizational experiences with the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Journey to Nursing Excellence® or Magnet Recognition Program®. If you want your program to address the Magnet Recognition Program® in general or to address the specific or technical details of the application process, ANCC requests your consideration of asking an ANCC representative to come for a portion of the event as a guest speaker.
- All materials promoting your event or distributed at your event must contain ANCC's disclosure statement:
"[Your (organization or event) name] is not a part of nor endorsed by the Magnet Recognition Program® of American Nurses Credentialing Center."
- Please note that ANCC's National Magnet Conference® is a trademarked name and should not be used without written permission from ANCC.
- All materials promoting your event or distributed at your event must follow the logo and trademark usage guidelines provided in the online Magnet® marketing kit or Journey marketing kit.
- Remember, if your materials show the Magnet® logo, they must be submitted to ANCC for logo approval prior to printing or distribution. The standard response time is 48 to 72 hours. If requests are sent before or after a holiday, after regular office hours, or during a major ANCC meeting, please allow additional time for us to respond.
ANCC offers many customized workshops and is happy assist with your event. If you are interested in partnering with ANCC to assist with your event or would like to learn about ANCC's custom workshops, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel