Magnet Marketing Toolkit
To access the toolkit, please read and acknowledge agreement by clicking the button at the bottom of this guideline.
This contains program logos and trademark use guidelines, as well as sample press releases.
The Magnet Recognition Program certification mark (logo) may only be used by organizations that have been granted Magnet recognition status by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
ANCC Magnet-recognized organizations have the right to utilize the certification mark – in accordance with the guidelines provided in this document – on letterhead, brochures, and for publicity activities relating to the program and/or nursing activities within the designated organization.
Other than in relation to the recognition of nursing services, the Magnet Recognition Program name and logo should not be used in conjunction with any goods, products, or other services created, offered or sold by the designated organization that would create the appearance of an endorsement by the Program or by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
The logos should only be used in a manner that represents the intent of the Magnet Recognition Program. ANCC expects that representatives of its Magnet-recognized organizations will follow established standards of professional practice and ethics in business, advertising, public relations, sales, and marketing when using the logos.
The Magnet Recognition Program® certification mark is a legally trademarked symbol and must be used in accordance with these rules:
- All lettering inside the logo must be readable when the symbol is used on materials.
- If the words are not legible, please increase the size of the logo.
- The logo cannot be altered or modified. It may be resized, provided the proportions of the entire logo are maintained and all features of the logo are clearly distinguishable.
- The logo shall be reproduced:
- In black or in green (PMS 3278 green or equivalent)
- In a size which makes all features of the mark clearly distinguishable
- Without distortion of its dimensions
- The Magnet logo cannot be used in isolation from the recognized organization's logo. All materials must contain both the recognized organization's logo and the Magnet Recognition Program logo.
- For the use of the certification mark on electronic documentation (e.g., websites), the same rules as stated in these guidelines apply.
- Logos used on a Magnet-recognized organization's website must include a hyperlink to ANCC's Magnet Recognition Program web page.
Note for Healthcare Systems
If all healthcare organizations in your system are not Magnet-recognized please be certain the logo is only applied to Magnet-recognized entities. There must be no confusion about which organizations the logo applies. If you have any questions as to whether your proposed use of the certification mark meets these requirements, please email a sample to ANCC for review.
ANCC reserves all rights in its trademarks. ANCC reserves the right to change the guidelines herein, and/or cancel use at any time. Any organization failing to strictly adhere to these guidelines shall have their right to use terminated immediately. In addition, the Magnet Recognition Program reserves the right to terminate its recognition of an organization should an organization violate or continue to violate these guidelines in a manner that may jeopardize the integrity of ANCC trademarks, or program, as defined solely by ANCC.
Use of Logo on Promotional Items
The Summit Group is the officially licensed vendor of Magnet® and Journey to Magnet Excellence® products. Magnet logos may not be reproduced for use on promotional items except through Summit Group. This includes all requests for embroidery or customized items featuring the Magnet and Journey to Magnet Excellence logos with your organization's name and logo.
The Summit Group is a wholesale vendor and can procure any promotional product commercially available. For pricing and design concepts, please contact the ANCC E-Store Customer Service team at 877.435.2011 or at email@example.com.
In order to access the marketing toolkit, you must be logged out of all other resource centers.
To access the toolkit, please click the button below:
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel