Sharon A. Cusanza
MSN, RN, NEA-BC
Sharon Cusanza brings over 32 years of nursing experience to her consultation practice, including nursing leadership, quality improvement, and Magnet® experience. She is currently the head of risk management education at LAMMICO.
Sharon Cusanza brings over 32 years of nursing experience to her consultation practice, including nursing leadership, quality improvement, and Magnet® experience. She is currently the head of risk management education at LAMMICO. She was formerly the Magnet Program Director at Ochsner Medical Center for eight years, where she successfully wrote two sets of Magnet application documents and coordinated the accompanying site visits, most recently in 2013. Sharon possesses in-depth understanding and analysis of the Magnet Recognition Program® Application Manual and is a Fundamentals of Magnet® certificate holder. Fundamentals of Magnet® is a professional credential for consultants and Health care professionals who guide hospitals as they apply for Magnet recognition. She also has over 15 years of experience developing local and regional conferences for professional organizations.
In addition to consulting, she is a presenter at ANCC Magnet workshops and has spoken at the ANCC National Magnet Conference®and at AONE conferences. She recently redesigned the ANCC Magnet workshop, "The Essentials of Documentation."
Summary of Services
- Conducts gap analysis and readiness assessments, and provides strategies for success.
- Develops customized education and training to support organizational needs.
- Assists organizations with document development and review.
- Assists with electronic document submission.
- Conducts comprehensive on-site reviews in preparation for site visits.
- Works with all stakeholders to achieve organizational goals.
- BSN, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, LA
- MSN in executive nursing, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL
- American Nurses Credentialing Center–Certificate Holder in Fundamentals of Magnet®
- American Nurses Credentialing Center–Nurse Executive, Advanced
- Alliance for Continuing Education in the Health Professions
- American Nursing Association
- American Organization of Nurse Executives
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Louisiana Association of Healthcare Quality