Accreditation Premier Program Award
The Premier Program Award recognizes accredited organizations that excel in the provision of continuing nursing education (CNE) and organizations that excel in the approval of CNE providers. They are organizations that stand out and function at a higher level, above and beyond their peers. These organizations are exemplars offering best practice models for others in the field of continuing nursing education on their journey towards excellence.
Previous Premier Program Award Winners
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric & Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) in 2007, 2009, 2012
- American College of Cardiology in 2011
- OnCourse Learning Healthcare formerly known as Gannett Education in 2007, 2009, 2012
- Indian Health Service, Clinical Support Center in 2014
- Ohio Nurses Association Approver Unit in 2014
- Montana Nurses Association Approver Unit in 2015
- ANA Massachusetts Approver Unit in 2016
- Institute of Mental Health - Singapore and Lippincott Professional Development in 2017
- Lippincott Professional Development in 2018
- The Premier Program Award is presented only once per calendar year.
- The Premier Program Award is presented to organizations who meet eligibility requirements and demonstrate qualifications for the award.
- Eligibility requirements include organizations who are currently accredited and are not provisionally accredited and/or have had progress reports within the last twelve (12) months.
Responsibilities of Premier Program Award Winners
- Mentor (not consult), as resources permit. Examples of mentorship might include, and are not limited to, respond to requests for feedback on a proposed implementation plan for one of the accreditation program criteria; provide guidance on defensible methods to calculate contact hours for completion of an online CNE activity; offer advice on transition-planning in the Nurse Planner position.
- Publish, present, and/or disseminate best practices. Collaboration at the following year’s ANCC Primary Accreditation Workshops is strongly encouraged.
- Continue to develop and implement best practices.
Benefits to Premier Program Award Winners
- Premier Award recipients will receive up to two (2) complimentary registrations at the current year’s ANCC Symposium on Continuing Nursing Education.
- Recognition at the annual ANCC Symposium on Continuing Nursing Education where award and trophy are presented by ANCC.
- Recognition on the ANCC web site and press release from ANCC.
- Attractive award trophy presented by ANCC.
- Deadline for application submission is by 11:59 PM (EST) on January 18.
- Decisions will be made by March 1.
- Winner(s) will be notified of the decision by April 1.
- Premier Program Award recipients will be publicly announced at the next ANCC Symposium on Continuing Nursing Education.
- Applications are limited to a total of 15 pages using a font of eleven (11) or greater typed into the space provided in the PDF document.
- Decisions are made by consensus and based on the scores of the applications with final decisions confirmed by the Commission on Accreditation.
You Might Also Like
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel