Safe Patient Handling and Mobility: Interprofessional National Standards Across the Care Continuum
ANA’s new breakthrough guide will help to prevent injuries and protect nurses and other healthcare workers.
Injuries and musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are common in nurses and other healthcare workers and are often caused by manually lifting and moving patients. This is more than just an inconvenience; these injuries are often life altering and career ending.
ANA’s new breakthrough guide will help to prevent injuries and protect nurses and other healthcare workers. The guide contains eight overarching safe patient handling and mobility (SPHM) standards. These national interdisciplinary standards address the responsibilities of the employer or health care organization and those of healthcare workers and ancillary/support staff and are applicable across the care continuum.
Following these standards is critical for hospitals and other healthcare organizations in promoting a culture of safety through the development of safe and effective SPHM programs. Don’t waste another day. Protect employees, improve attendance rates and reduce workers' compensation costs. For more information on SPHM programs go here.
Bulk orders of 20 or more receive a 20% discount off the list price.
Downloads and Licensing
The American Nurses Association (ANA) holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Site Licenses for eBooks
An eBook site license entitles you to share an electronic book with others in your facility or academic institution only, either by posting to a secure intranet site or by providing other means of secure access. The ANA site license gives everyone in your organization seamless simultaneous access to the evidence- and research-based nursing knowledge and information that they need—when and where they need it.
For use on a hospital intranet or university electronic reserve, please provide the following information:
- Title or list of ANA eBooks that will be included in the site license
- URL (Web Address) where this material will be posted
- Description of how the material will be accessed
- Whether the site is password protected
- Whether the material can be downloaded or printed
- Duration of term needed
- Projected number of people expected to access the material
Please send site license request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include with your request, complete contact information, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone numbers. A site license coordinator will contact the primary contact via email to confirm the price and complete the transaction. Prepayment is required. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
See Sample Site License Agreement [PDF]