Public Health Nursing: Scope & Standards of Practice, 2nd Edition
This revised edition looks to the future of public health nursing and provides essential guidance in the form of standards and competencies for generalist and the advanced public health nurse.
Health care in the U.S. is in the throes of shifting its emphasis from an illness care system to one focused on health promotion and disease prevention. The convergence of multiple economic, political, and social factors including Healthy People 2020, the Obama Administration’s National Prevention Strategy, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) provide a “road map” for improving the health of the public. Public health nurses should be in the forefront of health care to lead change in all sectors from public to private and local to global.
This revised edition of Public Health Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice looks to the future of public health nursing and provides essential guidance in the form of standards and competencies for generalist and the advanced public health nurse.
This is a must-have title for public health nursing practitioners, educators, students, researchers and others directly involved in public health. Employers, insurers, lawyers, regulators, policy makers and stakeholders will find value in referencing this publication.
Downloads and Licensing
The American Nurses Association (ANA) holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Site Licenses for eBooks
An eBook site license entitles you to share an electronic book with others in your facility or academic institution only, either by posting to a secure intranet site or by providing other means of secure access. The ANA site license gives everyone in your organization seamless simultaneous access to the evidence- and research-based nursing knowledge and information that they need—when and where they need it.
For use on a hospital intranet or university electronic reserve, please provide the following information:
- Title or list of ANA eBooks that will be included in the site license
- URL (Web Address) where this material will be posted
- Description of how the material will be accessed
- Whether the site is password protected
- Whether the material can be downloaded or printed
- Duration of term needed
- Projected number of people expected to access the material
Please send site license request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include with your request, complete contact information, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone numbers. A site license coordinator will contact the primary contact via email to confirm the price and complete the transaction. Prepayment is required. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
See Sample Site License Agreement [PDF]