Lead, Drive & Thrive in the System
This book translates theory into practice and offers critical information that all nurses can apply in their practice.
Nurses are natural leaders. But as healthcare organizations continue to merge and accountable care organizations are created, you need real-world insights into how to navigate and lead in this new environment.
Lead, Drive & Thrive in the System is your personal guidebook on how to succeed in this environment. This book translates theory into practice and offers critical information that all nurses can apply in their practice. After reading, nurses from the bedside all the way to the corner office will be able to:
- Understand healthcare systems, collaboration, change and why a system needs to work together.
- Learn what “Systems Thinking” is and how to effectively use it in your own environment.
- Implement key tips on how to facilitate change for future success.
- Bridge innovation and standardization to improve patient care.
- Employ techniques on how to move your organization forward through strategic thinking and planning.
Throughout this book you will read theory, practice and numerous “ah ha” moments from your peers about what it means to work in a system. Plus, build a deeper understanding of the open systems.
Jennifer S. Mensik
PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
Independent practice consultant and writer
Jennifer S. Mensik, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, earned a PhD in nursing, health systems and public administration from the University of Arizona College of Nursing. Mensik currently is an independent practice consultant and writer. She has worked at St. Luke’s Health System in Idaho as the administrator for nursing and patient care, was the executive director of quality and patient safety for the UCLA Health System, and has worked at Banner Health as the system’s director of clinical practice and research. She is the author of multiple publications, including The Nurse Manager’s Guide to Innovative Staffing.
Downloads and Licensing
The American Nurses Association (ANA) holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Site Licenses for eBooks
An eBook site license entitles you to share an electronic book with others in your facility or academic institution only, either by posting to a secure intranet site or by providing other means of secure access. The ANA site license gives everyone in your organization seamless simultaneous access to the evidence- and research-based nursing knowledge and information that they need—when and where they need it.
For use on a hospital intranet or university electronic reserve, please provide the following information:
- Title or list of ANA eBooks that will be included in the site license
- URL (Web Address) where this material will be posted
- Description of how the material will be accessed
- Whether the site is password protected
- Whether the material can be downloaded or printed
- Duration of term needed
- Projected number of people expected to access the material
Please send site license request to email@example.com. Please also include with your request, complete contact information, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone numbers. A site license coordinator will contact the primary contact via email to confirm the price and complete the transaction. Prepayment is required. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Sample Site License Agreement [PDF]