The Nominations Committee of the ANCC Board of Directors is seeking nominations to fill open seats on the Commission on Accreditation in Nursing Continuing Professional Development (COA-NCPD) and Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Programs (COA-PTP), which serve as the governing bodies for their respective ANCC programs.
The call is open until 11:59pm, Wednesday, October 7, 2020. While nominations can be submitted for more than one seat, individuals may serve on only one commission at a time.
If appointed, orientation for new commissioners will be held virtually on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 from 1pm-4:30pm ET.
- One (1) seat for a non-nurse consumer/public member with knowledge and skills relevant to the work of the Commission.
- Term of Service: January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2024
- One (1) seat for a Chief Nursing Officer in an ANCC NCPD accredited hospital or healthcare setting
- Term of Service: effective as soon as appointed - December 31, 2021
- One (1) seat for an ANA Member (C/SNA-ANA or IMD) who is an Emerging Leader from a RN Residency, preferred from a military setting
- An Emerging Leader on the COA-PTP is a nurse who has graduated from an accredited PTAP program within the last two years
- Term of Service: January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2022
Application Process – To be considered, all nominees must review/submit the following:
- Review the applicable commission’s Profile Sheet for general information on commission composition, responsibilities, terms, time commitment, and member requirements.
- Complete the Biographical Form for ANCC Organizational Commission Appointments.
- Include an abbreviated curriculum vitae not longer than 5 pages and must include:
- Current Certifications
- Professional experience (current and former positions for the last 5 years)
- Publications (within the last 5 years)
- Presentations (within the last 5 years)
- Offices, appointments, and/or activities with professional organizations
- Review the ANCC Volunteer Agreement and the ANCC Volunteer Conflict of Interest and Financial Disclosure Forms. If appointed, the applicant will be sent the forms for signature.
Nominees may submit electronically up to two (2) letters of endorsement with the required nomination materials. All nomination materials must be submitted by 11:59pm ET on Wednesday, October 7, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the appointments process, please contact Governance & Planning staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.