Nominations due by 5:00pm ET on November 1, 2019
The Nominations Committee of the ANCC Board of Directors is seeking nominations to fill a Staff Nurse seat on the Commission on Pathway to Excellence® (COPE). The appointment is for a four-year term beginning on January 1, 2020 through December 21, 2023.
Review the Commission on Pathway Profile Sheet for information on commission composition, responsibilities, terms, time commitment, and member requirements.
For questions, please contact:
Commission on Pathway Excellence®
Registered nurse serving in a clinical nurse position and involved in patient care committee work.
Paulette Sepe, Senior RN Specialist
To be considered for appointment, registered nurses must be full ANA members throughout their tenure. Full membership includes ANA and state membership or ANA-Only membership. Go to https://www.nursingworld.org/membership/joinANA/ for ANA membership information. This requirement is waived for the non-nurse and international members.
The application consists of:
- ANCC Biographical Form for Appointments.
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae no more than five pages that includes:
- Current certifications
- Professional experience (current and former positions for the last 5 years)
- Publications (within the last 5 years)
- Presentations (within last 5 years)
- Offices, appointments, and activities with professional organizations
Optional: The nominee may submit electronically up to two letters of endorsement along with the ANCC Biographical Form for Appointments and curriculum vitae. Faxed letters are not accepted.
If appointed, the nominee will be asked to sign the ANCC Volunteer Agreement and the ANCC Conflict of Interest and Financial Disclosure Forms.
The ANCC Biographical Form for Appointments, abbreviated curriculum vitae, and optional letters of endorsement MUST:
- Be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm ET on November 1, 2019.
- Be in MS Word format with the file extension [.doc or .docx] OR Adobe portable document format with the file extension [.pdf].
- Handwritten forms and faxed documents will not be accepted.
- The nominee's email message, with attachments, serves as an electronic signature to verify the nominee's submission. Nominees are encouraged to add their signature to electronic documents, if possible.
- Acknowledgement of the completed application will be sent no later than 72 hours after receipt.