Gifts of Stock
Thank you for your interest in support of the American Nurses Foundation. To help you facilitate a gift of stock, please use the following three simple steps:
Step 1: Initiate the Stock Transfer
Securities can be gifted to the American Nurses Foundation in two ways: either via electronic transfer (in which your broker transfers shares using the Foundation’s DTC number) or by physically mailing the paper certificates to the Foundation. Either method is acceptable, but it is necessary for you to contact your broker to initiate the transfer. Download a sample letter here for your use.
Step 2: Send the Securities to the American Nurses Foundation
- If the shares are held at a securities firm or other brokerage account:
- Instruct institution where securities are held to transfer the shares to the American Nurses Foundation account at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. DTC and Account Numbers are listed below.
DTC # 5198
Account # 5TL-04149
- Instruct your broker to enter identifying information (i.e. your name and address, phone number, account number, broker information) into the "Text Comment" field of the DTC screen.
- Your institution may require a written Letter of Authorization (see sample below)
- If you would like to transfer shares of mutual funds, please contact Mark Randall at (301) 215-4446 or at Mark.Randall@ml.com to make certain that the shares can be accepted.
- If certificates/shares are in your physical possession:
- You must send us a Letter of Authorization.
- The signature of the person(s) named on the certificate(s) must be either on the back of the certificate(s) or on a Stock Power Form.
- The American Nurses Foundation's account number (#5TL-04149) should be written on the face of the certificate(s).
- These above named items: Letter of Authorization, Certificate(s), and Stock Power Form (if applicable) should be sent by a tracked mail system for security purposes (i.e. Federal Express, Registered Mail, etc.) to our broker at the following address:
Dunn/Dunne Group, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
3 Metro Center Suite 900
Bethesda, MD 20814
Fax: (301) 710-5075
- If you have any questions you may contact Global Institutional Consulting at 301-215-4400.
3. Notify the Foundation
Each time a gift of stock is donated, regardless of the method chosen to deliver a gift of stock, information about the gift for audit and acknowledgment purposes is needed.
Step 2: Notify The Foundation of Gift
- Stock donations transfer to the American Nurses Foundation's account with no accompanying donor information. In order for the Foundation to identify your gift and send a tax receipt you will need to provide us with the gift details requested below:
- Please notify the Foundation of your donation in one of the following ways:
- Complete this form and mail it to: American Nurses Foundation, Attn: Kate Judge, 8515 Georgia Avenue Suite 400, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
- Fax this completed form to (301) 628-5005 to the attention of Kate Judge.
- E-Mail these details to email@example.com.
- Phone Kate Judge at (301) 628-5228 to provide this information.
Donor Name(s)_____________________________________ Phone_______________
City________________________________ State____________ Zip Code__________
Type of Stock________________________________ Number of Shares____________
Approximate Transfer Date______________ Your Brokerage Firm_________________
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel