How to Celebrate
Become a success story by using proven strategies and convenient tools to garner visibility and gratitude for the certified nurses in your workplace and community.
Celebration Action Plan
Themes: Professionalism, Excellence, Recognition, and Service.
Employers: Provide public recognition among colleagues and patients
- Issue a press release to local news outlets (newspapers, radio, television)
- Create a nursing honor roll of board-certified nurses. Post in your facility and other public venues.
- Place display ads in newspapers, community newsletters, etc. featuring the nursing honor roll.
- Send a letter of appreciation to each certified nurse in your facility or department
- Invite certified nurses to lead a certification drive within your facility.
- Sponsor a banquet, tea, or luncheon for certified nurses only.
- Offer gifts, gift certificates, or special bonuses to certified nurses only.
- Provide ribbons and buttons to all certified nurses.
- Display signage throughout your facility to show support for Certified Nurses Day™.
Certified Nurses: Provide public service to colleagues and patients
- Ask your employer to sponsor education presentations for colleagues about your specialty.
- Deliver presentations at retirement homes, schools, businesses, and other environments where your knowledge and experience will benefit the community.
- Organize a fundraiser such as a healthy breakfast or car wash and donate monies to needy populations or the Margretta Styles Fund for Credentialing Research.
- Design a mentoring program for nurses to share the value of certification, education opportunities, career planning, maintaining morale, and motivation, and dealing with challenges.
- Spread the word! Ensure Certified Nurses Day™ is recognized by the media in your community, by employers, and by your fellow certified nurses.
You are now leaving the American Nurses Foundation
The American Nurses Foundation is a separate charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not engage in political campaign activities or communications.
The Foundation expressly disclaims any political views or communications published on or accessible from this website.Continue Cancel