Financial Acumen for Nurses
If you are a nurse or nurse manager and want to learn how to understand financial basics and how to help improve your unit's bottom line and efficiency, this webinar is for you.
This webinar will give nurses the financial skills and tools they need to understand how and why business and budgeting decisions are made. If you are a nurse or nurse manager and want to learn how to understand financial basics and how to help improve your unit's bottom line and efficiency, this webinar is for you.
This webinar ultimately gives you the basics you need to strongly impact your unit's bottom line and financial stability.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Learn basic budgeting acumen as it relates to nursing/hospital settings
- Learn value-based purchasing and how to maximize resources
- Learn how budgeting affects staffing.
K.T. Waxman - DNP, MBA, RN. CNL, CENP, CHSE, FAAN Director, Executive Leader Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
K.T. Waxman is an executive nurse leader with over 30 years of healthcare industry experience in both service and academia. She is the immediate past Treasurer of the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE). She is also the author of a number of books on finance in healthcare, including A Practical Guide to Finance and Budgeting: Skills for Nurse Managers; Finance and Budgeting made simple: Essential skills for nurses; and Financial and Business Management for the Doctor of Nursing Practice.
- The Current Healthcare Environment: What’s happening nationally: Healthcare reform
- Financial Management and Accountability for Performance
- Budget basics: operational versus capital
- Skill mix management
- Drivers of staffing variances
- Variance analysis and best practice
- Financial acronyms and formulas
- FTEs, HPPD, CPUOS
- Short case study
- Question and answer session