Take Your Leadership to the Next Level: The ANA Leadership Development Program for Experienced Nurse Leaders - Nashville, TN
Rose Sherman, Joyce A. Batcheller
Hosted By: HCA Healthcare
*Note: This is a closed workshop for HCA nurses ONLY.*
This cutting edge program aligns with the goals of both Magnet and Pathways to Excellence, and is designed to help you move your leadership to the next level.
The health care environment is rapidly changing during this time of health reform. To successfully navigate, experienced nurse managers, directors and supervisors need to lead differently to motivate a diverse workforce, engage their patient populations and thrive in a value-based reimbursement system. This cutting-edge program aligns with the goals of both Magnet and Pathways to Excellence and is designed to help you move your leadership to the next level.
Key areas of focus in the program include:
- The changing role of nurse leaders
- Bridging communication gaps with a diverse workforce
- Leading teams to higher levels of performance
- Fostering work cultures that promote excellence
- Improving your organization’s bottom line
- Driving organizational change and innovation
- Using strategic insight to plan for an uncertain future
Key Learning Outcomes
- Identify ways to lead differently to motivate a diverse workforce, engage patient populations and thrive in a value-based reimbursement system
- Discuss effective ways nurse leaders communicate and lead high performing teams
- Differentiate Critical success factors in a value-based environment
- Evaluate effective labor and supply management, budgeting processes and financial reporting
EdD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
Dr. Rose Sherman joined the faculty in June of 2002 as Director of the Nursing Leadership Institute. Prior to assuming this position, Dr Sherman had a 25 year career with the Department of Veterans Affairs where she held leadership positions at five major VA Medical Centers including the West Palm Beach VA Medical Center, the Miami VA Medical Center, the New York VA Medical Center, the Seattle VA Medical and the Washington DC VA Medical Center.
Dr. Sherman has extensive national experience speaking on a wide variety of leadership topics. She is the lead faculty for both the Emerging Leaders and Nursing Administration Master's Program. Dr. Sherman was named Florida Nurse Leader of the Year in 2005, by the Florida Organization of Nurse Executives; selected by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for a three year Nurse Executive Fellowship, in 2006 and selected as the Distinguished Teacher of the Year for Florida Atlantic University in 2008. she was selected as a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing in 2010.
Joyce A. Batcheller
DNP, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
Dr. Joyce Batcheller is president of J. Batcheller Consulting, executive nurse advisor for the Center for Advancement of Healthcare professionals for AMN Healthcare and holds the position of adjunct professor for Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Nursing in Lubbock, Texas. Joyce served as chief nursing officer for 19 ½ years of the largest health care system in Central Texas. She created and implemented shared governance across the system and led a pilot site for the RWJF/IHI Transforming Care at the Bedside Project, eventually implementing its principles into patient care at all system facilities. Under her watch, nine of the system hospitals achieved ANCC designation — four with Magnet® and five with Pathway to Excellence®. Joyce has specialized in chief nursing officer development, on-boarding and authored numerous peer-reviewed publications on the subject. She provides executive coaching. Joyce has extensive experience in workforce planning and development that enabled her former organization to open three new hospitals in 2 ½ years. She is an innovative health care leader who is highly sought for speaking engagements nationally.
Summary of Services
- Helps organizations with strategic planning and professional practice model development.
- Assists organizations develop the business case for Magnet/Pathway to Excellence designation.
- Conducts comprehensive on-site reviews in preparation for ANCC designation site visits.
- Coaches leaders on shared governance model development
- Assists organizations in using data to drive improvements aligning work from the Boardroom to the Bedside
- Executive coaching and succession planning strategies at all levels
- Diploma — Hartford Hospital School of Nursing, Hartford, Conn.
- BSN — The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- MSN — The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- DNP — Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock
- American Nurses Credentialing Center — Certified Nurse Executive, Advanced
- American Nurses Credentialing Center — Fundamentals of Magnet Assessment-Based Certificate
- American Nurses Association/Texas Nurses Association
- American Organization of Nurse Executives/Texas Organization of Nurse Executives
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- American College of Health Executives
- National League for Nursing
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Robert Wood Johnson Executive Nurse Fellow Alumni Association
- Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing