Professional Development Bundle - Self-Paced Online Course
Saving you over $50.00 if you bought these courses separately, this bundle is essential for any leader who manages staff, especially for those on the Pathway to Excellence journey.
In this six-course course bundle from ANA, we give you the skills and strategies you need to help leaders develop their staff successfully in order to improve engagement and retention rates, and quality of care. Saving you over $50.00 if you bought these courses separately, this bundle is essential for any leader who manages staff, especially for those on the Pathway to Excellence journey.
The 6 courses included in this bundle are:
- Becoming a Transformational Leader
- Prime Yourself for Change
- Succession Planning for Nurses
- Developing a Successful Onboarding for Nurses
- Nurses on Boards
- Policy, Economics, and Technology in Achieving Care Continuity
Key Learning Outcomes
- Explain transformational leadership.
- Summarize how the characteristics of transformational leaders affect implementation of their on-the-job activities.
- Explain the strategies transformational leaders use to understand and validate personal leadership style and effectiveness and implement a plan for continued growth and development.
- Understand leadership roles for RNs in healthcare in relation to care coordination and care transitions.
- Learn the value and impact of the role of the RN in care coordination and care transitions.
- Demonstrate the effective use of data and the collective expertise and talent of the team to achieve organizational outcomes.
- Analyze physiological and psychological responses to change, and identify your individual response to change.
- Recognize and identify types of resistance to change.
- Apply your understanding to manage adapting to change with self and others.
- Describe relevant retirement statistics and their implications for nursing leaders.
- Translate strategies for implementation of an organizational succession plan for nursing leaders.
- Discern components of an outcomes-based onboarding program.
- Translate effective onboarding methods to drive retention in healthcare environments.
- Why nurses should want to sit on boards – benefits to careers and profession as a whole.
- What skills you need to succeed as a board member.
- How to determine which boards are the right ones to pursue.
- How the process works – from being selected to what board work actually entails.
Joan Ellis Beglinger, MBA, MSN, RN, FACHE, FAAN
Joan Ellis Beglinger has been a professional nurse since 1975. Her clinical practice included 10 years in critical care, five of those as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
Dr. Beth Ann Swan
Swan is Professor and former Dean at the Jefferson College of Nursing and Senior Fellow in the Jefferson College of Population Health at Thomas Jefferson University. Dr. Swan is a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing.
Laurie Benson, Executive Director, Nurses on Board, ANA
Laurie Benson, BSN, currently serves as the Executive Director, Nurses on Boards Coalition, whose mission is to improve health in communities across the nation .
Robert Koch, DNSc, MSN, RN
Associate professor, Loewenberg School of Nursing, The University of Memphis. Koch serves as associate professor at the Loewenberg School of Nursing at the University of Memphis.
Dr. Joyce Batcheller
Executive Nurse Advisor/Leadership with the Center for the Advancement of Healthcare Professionals, San Diego, CA. Dr. Batcheller is the President of CNO Solutions and is primarily responsible for the leadership development which includes the CNO Academy, CNO Executive Circle and onboarding strategies.